• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

hand to hand combat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
kevin said:
grab...twist...pull. well, at least that's what some girl told me.

Is that what she had to do to become a girl? Well, I'm sure it was a unique experience for you none the less.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve- That's just what I heard... multiple SWO sources.

erinbynight

erinbynight
so no guns and no rifles at OCS at all???!!! damn i'm really really disappointed...might have to go next door to the corps after all...

airpirate25

Grape Ape...Grape Ape
it's what you make it

I would have to agree that as a naval officer, you receive little or no formal hand to hand combat training, or combat training of any nature for that matter. However, while earning my commission there were plentiful opportunities to learn skills from instructors who had, if yu were willing to devote the time to ask and receive. After entering the fleet, I found that if Ensign Butterbar went down to the rusty gym of an LPD where the Marines and SEALS hung out, he could always find some nail eater who'd volunteer to kick his ass then teach him how to prevent it from happening again. In short, there's a reason Ensigns don't get platoons, and 2nd Lieutenants don't stand OOD, but if you consider yourself a professional, there are always resources available.

Status
Not open for further replies.