• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hampton Roads NROTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

solenita72

SWO Wife
I don't think I have seen anyone else on here from ODU. There was a husband whose wife was BDCP, and prior from ODU, and my husband is an alumni of ODU, and was BDCP then commissioned through OCS. I work at the university myself.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
oh wow, i'm surprised that out of several millions of ppl, there was actually a person from odu here. yeah, i was there during fall semester, but had to leave b/c of the expenses. did they ever finish the train?
angel_125.gif

solenita72

SWO Wife
NOPE!! In fact, the funny thing is that you never hear anything about it. No one ever brings it up anymore (administration that is). I think it was a stupid expense for our university!!

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
i remember when they were trying to fire like 100+ teachers to balance the budget or something in the hampton area (i forgot the proper name for the area.) wasn't it supposed to be done like last november?

thatmanjose

Not an ODU alum here... but live in Hampton Roads (AKA: Tidewater, the most boring place on earth) until 2AUG when i head to OCS. I was on campus about a month ago and the track for the train just stops at one point... kind of an eye sore. But the Constance Center is a nice addition.

solenita72

SWO Wife
It is, be the university will be in debt up to it's eyeballs for a long time for that one!! Congrats to getting your OCS date, start running now!!

JayManC

solenita, i cant believe you forgot about me....
the train isnt finished, as a matter of fact they havent even finished the one stair platform that they were building, parking is still problematic especially since they are in the process of building the new CS and Technology building on top of one of the old parking lots, theyve severely cut back course offerings (to the point, that im taking independent study course(s) in order to graduate on time) yes they are in the process of building the student village when what they really need to do to enhance campus is level the surrounding blocks....
anyway i should graduate in Dec (tentative OCS date of 29 June)
any more Qs about ODU, ill be around

<insert something witty here:>

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
oh wow, you're actually a student at ODU! what are you majoring in? do you know a person name Thomas Pogue? i think he's going to graduate in dec too with a CS degree (i think?). did you ever hang out with the nrotc crowd? maybe i've seen you b4.

JayManC

yeah im a student at ODU, and i know who he is, but hes not CS he's an IT major like myself. we had a few classes together, and last i recall he was talking about going specwar.....good for him

JayManC

also, no i do not hang out with the NROTC crowd, i know a couple of them, but mostly they keep to themselves, as do i; had i wanted to go ROTC thats which avenue i wouldve pursued

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
oh, i didn't know pogue was going for IT... well, he's a crazy dude! what community are you going for when you graduate JayManC? (i'm thinking aviation, b/c that's what this site's all about!!!)

ps, if your first name's jay, WE BOTH HAVE THE SAME NAME, what a coincidence, except, mine's spelled with an e, cuz i'm a korean~~~
bigmouth_125.gif

JayManC

community-wise im going for aviation, right now i have an NFO designator, but i plan on retaking the ASTB and also its beginning to look like i will graduate in the fall as opposed to the spring so hopefully my determination combined with my astb scores will show my ability to handle the stress of an accelerated courseload and henceforth perhaps allow a change of designator to aviator. its optimistic, but i have to be.
actually my first name is jason, but i usually end up being called jay for short.
J

Status
Not open for further replies.