• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Growler RAG?

MidWestEwo

None
Anyone in the Growler pipeline right now? It is getting close to decision time and I would like to hear some feedback from those who are going/have gone through the FRS in Whidbey. Anyone transition from Prowlers to Growlers?

MidWestEwo

None
Well I'm at VAQ129 now. If anyone has any questions regarding the Growler RAG or VT-86 feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

MidWestEwo

None
Well I have a while to go. I will consider writing one of those up when I finish. I know that the Growler's mission is so new and still changing, so I am sure if I post the syllabus up now it will change in a couple months.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Syllabus probably not changing radically anytime soon. The mission isn't new, just the mechanics of how it's accomplished. The A/A stuff is new to the community, but it's all standard VFA stuff.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
^ think you're mixing up terms. Lat transfer would imply transitioning to another community (NFO to Intel-O or SWO to Pilot). If you're asking Brett whether or not he'll end up in a G...you're asking if he'll transition. Over to him to actually answer it - just wanted to help you with some terms.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bmaru - If I screen for command, then yes. I'll transition with a CAT II sylabus at 129 as a PXO.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He probably has recent G experience. All the "CAT others" requirements are spelled out in an instruction somewhere.

MidWestEwo

None
He probably has recent G experience. All the "CAT others" requirements are spelled out in an instruction somewhere.

I believe he did have a few hops in a G before he got here. Our class is a diverse mix of experience and it is proving to be a blessing for the cat-1s in the class!

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
I'm interested in the Growler pipeline as well, would definitely be interested in some gouge on the training, workload, experiences, etc. I'm originally SNA but was redesignated at OCS due to being 20/40 -1 vision; I'm currently fighting to get NAMI to allow me to retest me down here in Pcola (long story...) but in the event I do not get the chance to swap back over I'm thinking about FO possibilities in the G as well as the Prowler, P-3, and P-8...so any gouge in those pipelines would be appreciated. In regards to EW platforms I'd especially be interested in what it's like family-wise to live in Whidbey or in Japan, as having a wife+1 will likely sway my decision whether to go to Washington state or Cali, VA or Jax, etc.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
To piggyback on everyone else, I'm getting close to finishing advanced and it's great to have so many hornet guus to talk to about hornets but I could really use someone to talk to about growlers. Typical growler gouge I get here is that they are gay, hornets are badass, and you don't pull g's or kill anything.

So if someone wouldn't mind I'd love to PM my number to actually talk to someone. If not maybe just a couple answers
-How do you like it?
-I know the material might be sensitive but I'd like to get a feel for what I'll actually be doing. Running a/a radars or t-6 nav is a lot different.
-How limited is the "fun"? G's, aero, BFM?
-How much weapons training/deployment is involved?

Choosing a platform based off personality is difficult with these two. One hand I love pulling g's and the idea of blowing bad guys up, on the other I think the ability to jam and manipulate the electronic spectrum is pretty badass. I like the idea of a new aircraft with the best technology.

I know I'd be happy in either platform but like everything in life best is better than good, so I'd like the chose the best one for me.

Thanks for the time and help