• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Greenville

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeacoatMan

This is for you winged folks:

A few weeks ago I was out at GSP (Greenville/Spartanburg airport, SC), and saw a F/A-18 parked at the general aviation ramp ... maybe a week later I saw a T-34 land there and refuel (met a LT Gardner from VT-2) ... I saw a P-3 flying around here another weekend; I saw another T-34 flying last weekend.

Apparently you Navy guys can come up here and refuel ... if you ever stop in at GSP, let me know -- I'd like to come out there and meet you and see your plane.

Joey

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
GSP is a great place to stop and get gas! I used to bring the T-45 in there with SNA's on cross countries. Top off at GSP, fly over to Oceana for a TACAN approach, up to Quantico (to motivate OCS) for the ILS at MCAS and then up to Manasas for the LOC and then off to Georgetown to complete my days excursions. Civialian FBO's are a heck of a lot better then any military facility. Now that more aircraft are fully contained (APU or GTS and OBOGS insteand of LOX)civilian fields are more accessible. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

beau

Speaking of which.........I'm from Montana orininally...when I did my first cross counrty with my first instructor (C-172) we were approaching Great Falls Airport for some cross wind practice. As we lined up final on a secondary runway, I was was focused on landing when I noticed from my left this streaking thing off to my left. This hornet had just taken off on the primary runway and was proceeding to do a high performance take off right in front of me.......with the approval of the tower of course. It was friggin awesome. After a few seconds I relized that both my instructor and I were gazing at the friggin hornet and needed to focus on the our plane. I think its always more impressive to watch hornets from the air. I once got to see the blues practicing at Davis Mothen AFB for a show while on approach (on skywest) to Tucson International. That was quite impressive to say the least.

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
We get a fair amount of military traffic at AUO (Auburn/Opelika). Most are Blackhawks from the National Guard and Ft. Benning, but we will get the occasional T-34 in from NAS Pcola/Whiting Field. And of course, the Viper jocks (from Maxwell AFB) love to show off. Yesterday, two came in for low passes on 36. They came in low & slow, and once they were abeam the FBO, they just lit it up and went to AB. Definately VERY cool.

Once they finish lengthening 18/36 (to 8000'), stop on by...seems like I'm always out there.

Edited by - Tripp on 05/11/2001 16:33:29

Status
Not open for further replies.