• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Greenie Boards?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonshine

PLC06 Applicant
Just curious... do they still have greenie boards in squadron ready rooms? Or were they phased out?

Eagle32

I'm taking you to the looneybin.
They still have "weenie boards." Not as cool as our PQS tracker boards in VP-hangar p-ways.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We have an Excel "electronic" greenie board. Yet still no one really cares.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes they do. Every ready room has them. Paddles hates them, nuggets study and worry about them and everyone else barely pays any attention to them... until you have a streak going - then you dare not say a word about it so you don't jinx it! Whatever you do, don't eat the dog just before flying, otherwise you're sure to get the bolt.

vt9Jack

Like Hoov said, yes greenie boards are still alive and well. They can be a double edged sword though.

Just like the man said nuggets can really start to sweat if they get too many turds (No-Grades) up there. For the most part it is usually run by the squadron paddles rathe well and is simply there to feed the type-A competitive personalites that we all have.

I've seen them used poorly not by pilots but by NFOs. Young unexperienced NFOs think they can take a look at the greenie board and figure out who's a good pilot and who's not simply by comparing colors. I've seen one case where a young NFO said he would rather fly with one pilot becuase he had more OKs than the nugget pilot he had been flying with. What he didn't realize was that because the guy was a nugget he was pretty much stuck on the night schedule. While he was there he flew almost all Fair passes. As an LSO you'ld have to be really happy with a nugget who was flying consistent Fair passes at night.

Anyway, This is me stepping off of my soap box. :icon_smil

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
kmac said:
We have an Excel "electronic" greenie board. Yet still no one really cares.

We used to use them at VRC-30 when we did the day/night boat flying. Now that we're day only, what's the point? As long as we are safe, that's all that matters. A det in VRC-40 had a great greenie board though. They used beer caps to denote their passes.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think the purpose of our electronic version is to allow the O-4s easy access to e-mail each other back and forth with random jokes. Otherwise they'd have to get up from their desk to go look at a board ;)

I shouldn't talk so much crap as an FNG, but I do find it amusing how much useless e-mail is sent and replied to. I think we should just have our own online forum.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
kmac said:
I think the purpose of our electronic version is to allow the O-4s easy access to e-mail each other back and forth with random jokes. Otherwise they'd have to get up from their desk to go look at a board ;)

I shouldn't talk so much crap as an FNG, but I do find it amusing how much useless e-mail is sent and replied to. I think we should just have our own online forum.

You do talk a lot of **** as the FNG. If you were in my det, you would be the phone *****......err...........I mean CVDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.