• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Great room for rent in East Hills house

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Ladies and Gents:

Since I'm planning on moving to Corpus in the near future, my room will available mid-February barring any unforseen obstacles in my last three weeks of API.

My roommate is a SNFO who has not yet classed up for API, and the sublease will be through him. The landlord is a retired LCDR NFO who is now working as a contractor, and all he really needs is some basic contact information to make sure you won't wreck the place.

The house has been completely remodeled (new roof, drywall, paint, and probably floors as well), with tiled floors in the kitchen and bathroom. I was really impressed with everything about the place, from the size to the renovation, not to mention the location (515 N. Alcaniz St.) which is a good compromise between NAS and the rest of town. The rent is $600/mo + utilities.

Check out the attached pics and message me if you're interested.

Will

Attachments

• PICT0383.JPG
    PICT0383.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 107
  • PICT0384.JPG
    PICT0384.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 88
  • PICT0385.JPG
    PICT0385.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 95
  • PICT0386.JPG
    PICT0386.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 93
  • PICT0387.JPG
    PICT0387.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 99
  • PICT0388.JPG
    PICT0388.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 76
  • PICT0389.JPG
    PICT0389.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 76
  • PICT0390.JPG
    PICT0390.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 98

Pags

N/A
pilot
To anyone who's unfamiliar with Pcola, that's a pretty decent neighborhood. Sounds like hungover walking distance to the coffee cup and a cheap cab ride from downtown bars. Prolly about 40min to whiting.

USFpilot06

pilot
Ok I don't mean to get off topic in this forum but where is a good place to live? What are the average cost? Is it possiable to live on base? Would I want to? And as far as API and A-pool, I already have about 60hrs flight time so I don't think I need to do IFS (Don't worry I'll forget all of it before I start api/primary, I have been warned) So how long will it take to start API? I have a buddy who said most of his delays have been getting in and out of IFS. Thanks!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
USF... as for starting API... can't tell you

Depends on a helluva lot of stuff... How many people there are in the pool when you check in, how many people check in with you, where you WANT to go to primary, where you WILL go to primary, if you're done IFS when you get here, how long it takes you to get BOLTC, NOMI and the helmet fit done...

Good luck.

Lucky 59

Saw that your moving to Corpus I also have a really great condo that I will be moving out of in February. It's a three bedroom with a canal view on the island. Right down the street from the most popular apartment complex for SNAs. It's much bigger and much nicer has boat dock and a one car garage. the condo is renting for $1200/month 2 bedroom apt. in the same complex go for $1350/month. It has a control panel that allows you to control all your electronic systems automatically it's really great. Give my wife a call at let me know if your interested.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Lucky, I just sent you an email; hope to hear from you soon.

USF, it seems like most folks like living off the back gate or way the heck north near I-10, but an ideal location would probably be south of the airport (near the malls, reasonable distance to either NASP or Whiting). I couldn't get a place south of the airport since I arrived in the summer crush and no housing was left, and since I wanted to go to Corpus anyway, this seemed like a pretty good deal. My old roommate from school lives up by the airport in Jamestown Estates and he likes it a lot. Actually, he needs a roommate, too...lemme know if you're interested.

The back gate didn't make sense because I didn't want to live in a big square subdivision with identical houses slammed up next to one another like off the back gate (and there is nothing else out there except the back gate and Wal-Mart, near as I can tell), and I have no idea why anyone would want to live near I-10. I really like my neighborhood, which is the far west side of East Hills. I go running through the place all the time and the neighbors are friendly and look out for one another (I was really surprised, to be honest). There are some houses that got ripped a new one in Ivan that still need a lot of work, this seems to be a growing area of the city--I've heard that there are plans to redevelop a lot of Alcaniz St. in a similar style to the new Cervantes bridge near I-110.

Just my $0.02. Hope that helps.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
All:

My roommate just told me that the room has been taken. Thanks for your interest.

If anyone else is looking for a place, check out Onyssius's post regarding his room up in Jamestown Estates--it's a nice place and he's a good guy.