• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Grads/Students?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heerothewizard

How many people on AirWarriors are currently at the U.S. Naval Academy or have graduated from it?? Any good stories to share with aspiring students??
Thanks
^_^

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

jaerose

I graduated from the Navel Academy, but I don't think that's what you're looking for =)
You're in the right place, though. Good luck.

JR

jrUSNA05

Unicorn NFO
None
I'm currently at the Academy. I just finished my youngster(sophmore) year. There are lots of stories about this place. Just depends on what you want to hear about. Like the one about our Superintendant being investigated for mouthing off to one of the Marine gate gaurds and then having that Marine transferred because he didn't like the way he talked to him, or at least that's the story I've heard anyway.

RJ
USNA '05

Semper Fi!
Go Navy! Beat Army!

jrUSNA05

Unicorn NFO
None
Ya, he was suppsodely a little tipsy one night coming back. The Marine asked to see his I.D. and he got mad since he wasn't recognized. He's got a very big ego, even for a Vice Admiral. He just kind of flashed his card to the gaurd and kept walking. Then the gaurd attemted to stop him again and he got really mad. So a few days later the Admiral contacted the gaurd's superiors and had him transferred. Big mess.

RJ
USNA '05

Semper Fi!
Go Navy! Beat Army!

heerothewizard

hold on (yeah this is very late, i know)-Jaerose, how come you're going to OCS if you graduated from the Academy??

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
Originally posted by heerothewizard
hold on (yeah this is very late, i know)-Jaerose, how come you're going to OCS if you graduated from the Academy??

I'm not sure were just being funny or not notice that he said "navel" rather than "naval". It was supposed to be a joke....it's okay though, it was an honest mistake!

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
i'm sorry for butting in, b/c i'm no academy material...

anyway, heerothewizard, maybe he's in the marine option... just maybe...

mccormick_ted

I'm currently a third class (youngster) at the Naval Academy. Cool stories, though...hmm...Army Navy Week leading up to the game was a blast, though I'm not sure any of the stories are fit for public consumption. YP cruise this summer was pretty cool; Plebe summer last summer was not. As for being an aspiring student, just remember that this is the original Hard Work U.; if you're willing to work your ass off, you can accomplish whatever you want here. Even if you aren't accepted the first time, if you really want to get in, keep applying; USNA smiles on perseverance. Once you get in, just keep working and you basically can't go wrong.

Bottom line on the Academy; it's a great place to be from, but not necessarily a great place to be.

Hope that helps,

t.

Ray

I'm class of '01 and I just got my wings in Kingsville. So it can be done. I had a good time there. The summer cruises were fun. Drill sucked. Noon formation blew too.

Status
Not open for further replies.