• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Grad 1v1

skybert

Skybert
Listening to the tomcast podcast about the F-14 today. They mentioned the Top Gun graduation 1v1 and how you didn’t know what was going to be on the other side.

Anyone want to share their stories?

Farva01

BKR
pilot
One of my best days flying in the Navy. We took 4 slicked off Echos when I was a JO. Fought an F-15 in the morning and an F-16 in the afternoon. You don’t know what you are flying against until you hit the merge.

I wanted to repeat that for my JO’s when I was Skipper, but unfortunately canceled for COVID.

jmcquate

Contributor
One of my best days flying in the Navy. We took 4 slicked off Echos when I was a JO. Fought an F-15 in the morning and an F-16 in the afternoon. You don’t know what you are flying against until you hit the merge.

I wanted to repeat that for my JO’s when I was Skipper, but unfortunately canceled for COVID.
Weapons School instructors from Nellis?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
2030: you go up against an AI drone swarm that has machine-learned all the moves of past students
matrixreloaded62.jpg

2040: you go up against an artificially-induced tornado orchestrated by a weather controlling supercomputer
bill-paxton-twister-a8016bd9-7d74-4f88-a139-a029990d08c4.jpg

2050: you go up against a metamaterial hypercraft assembled at the spacedocks near the Admiral Rogoway meteor belt
1152.jpg

2060: you go up against a clone of yourself and only one of you graduates
fe598cf652b292050433ccdb5d2089a59e-06-full-house-olsen-twins.rsocial.w1200.jpg

skybert

Skybert
It's a great time. Not sure how much should be shared, so as to not be a spoiler for those who haven't been yet
Heck, I’d be more interested is what some phantom driver faced in ‘78. I’d assume the opponents have changed since then…..