• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Govt Travel Card and the IRR

magnetfreezer

Source?

I just can't believe a scheme so diabolically-brilliant as this is at work.

I mean, we're talking about the people who brought you NMCI and NKO, here.
http://www.tyndall.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123254867
http://www.luke.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123253938Basically they get the rebate (60-70k a quarter for those bases); whether they get the rebate depends on if they're meeting delinquency targets (hence pressuring people to pay off the card even if your travel claim is late), and the amount depends on the total amount spent by cardholders assigned to that base.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And I love how the converse is also frequently true, especially in the Reserves.

The word: Thing "X" is mandatory, and hi-viz, and must be done immediately, or Ragnarok!
You bust your ass to get it done by the deadline, can't get it out for one reason or another.
Whoever your'e doing Thing "X" for: "Oh, don't worry about it, sir. Get it finished if you can, but I talked to you about it, so I can mark it off. No big deal."

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
And I love how the converse is also frequently true, especially in the Reserves.

The word: Thing "X" is mandatory, and hi-viz, and must be done immediately, or Ragnarok!
You bust your ass to get it done by the deadline, can't get it out for one reason or another.
Whoever your'e doing Thing "X" for: "Oh, don't worry about it, sir. Get it finished if you can, but I talked to you about it, so I can mark it off. No big deal."

My latest windmill...

Get thing "X" done by Nov 1.

It's now Oct 10th and you're on a hit list because you haven't done thing "X." Nevermind you've already coordinated to have it done by 1 Nov.

Mmmmm.....self-licking ice-cream cone.....