• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Going reserve, transitioning later

Recidivist

OK, I saw a little bit on the topic of going enlisted and commissioning later, but I have some Q's about reserve officer to active duty:
is it hard to do?
can you do it anytime during your time as a reserve or do you have to wait for certain assignments to end?
and, importantly, does the age you commission at as a reserve make it necessary to obtain an age waiver later?
If you go AD after reserves, do you still take the same route (OCS) or is it more like ROTC to AD?

If it matters, I am considering CEC reserve, wanting to transition to air later.
Thanks for any clarification.

JKD

I only have limited knowledge from a co-worker who just transitioned from 1635 (reserve intel) to 1630 (active duty intel).

It is an application board similar to the initial commissioning process.
Typically there is one board a year. In FY07 Intel had two, the second one was at the end of the FY and only 3 people were accepted.

I would check with the community active duty detailer for info (check www.npc.navy.mil for contact info).