• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Girls with Guns, what's wrong with that?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
My Baby Can Shoot

My baby girl turns 21 in April. She's been shooting all of her life and with 2 Marine big brothers and a butter bar Ranger boyfriend, it didn't surprise me that she asked for a pistol for her birthday. That and a CCW class.

She shoots my Glock 19 pretty well so I assumed she might ask for one of those. Before she decided I wanted her to shoot a few other weapons so off to the range we went.

Based on Bevo's strong recommendation I wanted to be sure she shot a compact Smith and Wesson M&P. Her first pistol might eventually double as a carry gun and the G19 is a bit large for her small frame and hands. An M&P compact or G26 are closer to right sized for her.

She knows how a G19 shoots and the M&P fit her hand better than a G26 so she decided to try the M&P first.

I'm glad she did because I saved a ton of money on range time and ammo. She shot the M&P well enough that she didn't even shoot the G26. So M&P Compact it is for my baby girl.

Thanks for the great advice Bevo.

Below is her first target. 5 rounds unsupported at 10 yards.

KelliMPTarget.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Great. I'm getting out-shot by a girl.
runaway.gif
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger ... I took Trophy Wife (then Trophy Girl Friend, a.k.a. TGF) to a police-qual-equivalent course wa-a-a-a-a-a-y back @ 15 years ago when we were "new" ... at least she was "new" to firearms and had minimal training at the time.

32 people in the class -- run by Masaad Ayoob (often referred to as "Massage a Boob") ... 24 of them were local LEO's .... TGF came in exactly @ the 50% percentile ... embarrassing several of our "finest" who finished below her.

In a manner of speaking ... :)

Bevo16

pilot
I am glad that she likes the M&P. My wife has had some pretty similar looking targets with her model. Women are pretty good at taking instruction and following directions when it comes to firearms. I think it is something about the slight intimidation factor and the female motivation to overcome that and be good at a "man skill" that helps women be good shooters.

Are you getting the two free mags with the promotion they are running right now?

Smith and Wesson should have me on commission. The gun sells itself, but I have put a few of them in the hands of people who are in the market at some local ranges. Another buddy here at Millington bought a .40 cal version on the same trip that I picked up my M1A. He really owes me though, because he got the "exceptional customer" discount by association.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Absolutely nothing! Somebody in Israel really gets around with a camera!

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Israeli women are some of the most beautiful people on the planet. I mean, seriously...has anyone ever seen a ugly Israeli woman?