• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gifts for winging ceremony

Mauzy

I am the grandmother of a soon to be Navy pilot, and I would appreciate gift suggestions for a winging ceremony. I am thinking of a set of gold wings. I have no idea really where to get them.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Could buy him his brown shoes if he’s one of those who didn’t want to “jinx” himself. ?

The other traditional winging gifts are things like mahogany display wings, or a wooden desk model of their training aircraft or the plane they’re going to fly in the Fleet.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Could buy him his brown shoes if he’s one of those who didn’t want to “jinx” himself. ?

The other traditional winging gifts are things like mahogany display wings, or a wooden desk model of their training aircraft or the plane they’re going to fly in the Fleet.
Big wings for the wall or a nice desk model are also good ideas. Can never have enough model airplanes in your study.

Embroidered helmet bag might be another thing to consider. I'd say embroidered with wings and name only as rank and what not will change.

If they have the potential to go someplace cold a nicer leather jacket could work as well.

Mauzy

Big wings for the wall or a nice desk model are also good ideas. Can never have enough model airplanes in your study.

Embroidered helmet bag might be another thing to consider. I'd say embroidered with wings and name only as rank and what not will change.

If they have the potential to go someplace cold a nicer leather jacket could work as well.
Thank you

Mauzy

Thank you
I am the grandmother of a soon to be Navy pilot, and I would appreciate gift suggestions for a winging ceremony. I am thinking of a set of gold wings. I have no idea really where to get them.
Thank you to everyone who is giving me ideas. I really appreciate it. I am going to check the options you have given me out, and also the stores that you mentioned. I really appreciate it.

Mauzy

What? I was supposed to get a gift? I think my family missed the memo on that one.

My vote goes to real 14K gold wings (which I had to buy myself! :mad:) with their name engraved on the back.

flywings.com has them for about $700, but as suggested, you might call a few jewelers.
I'm really dumb. Are these wings worn in place of the uniform wings they receive from the Navy. Thanks for the suggestion of a place to get them, too.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'm really dumb. Are these wings worn in place of the uniform wings they receive from the Navy. Thanks for the suggestion of a place to get them, too.
Yes, they'd be worn on service/dress uniforms in lieu of normal wings. Would likely be used very infrequently but it's still a super classy gift.

Mauzy

Yes, they'd be worn on service/dress uniforms in lieu of normal wings. Would likely be used very infrequently but it's still a super classy gift.
Thank you. I thought that might be the case. I really think he would like them.