• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting into USNA

How am I doing

• Total voters

jacks

Ok I'll give you a bit of information on my situation. I'm a U.S citizen currently residing in Ireland.
I'm the Irish equivalent of a Sophomore and have filled out a USNA request for information application (last February). Since then I've contacted them about not recieving any information about 4 times (by Email). They claim to get onto their mail department but I never recieve anything. Recently I emailed and recieved no response at all.

In Ireland we have no GPA system or extra credit we have two official examinations for high school students the Junior Certificate and the Leaving Certificate. I completed my Junior Cert last year and calculated the GPA from that on a 4.0 scale, I got a GPA of 3.67 and am an all honors student.

I'm just curious if I'm on the right track for USNA.
3.67 GPA
Crew on class 1 yachts.
Played club and school rugby for 4 years.
President of my school's Government and Law society.
Air Commodore (president) of my school's flying club.
Vice Chairman of my school's debating society.
Secretary (Vice-President) of the Student Council.
School ambassador to the European Youth Parliament.
Delegate on the Irish national model U.N's security council (two times in a row).
Distinguished Adjudicator (Judge) of the Cork Schools Junior Mace (debate competition).
Co-Chairman of the PBC Gold Medal Debate.
Chairman of the PBC intro debate 2011.
Finalist in the Davis Shield debating competition.
European youth parliament delegate.
Councillor in the Cork Comhairle na nóg (The Cork city youth city council)
Member of young Fine Gael (Center right Irish political party youth wing)
Member of the PBC Irish Guide Dogs for the fundraising committee.

I also plan to join the RNLI when I turn 17 (The RNLI is a bit like the USCG only purely responsible for SAR, it is a charity)
I'm wondering would it be a good idea to join the Irish Naval Service Reserve when I turn 17 as well. Please note the NSR is part time and are not obliged to go on deployments like the U.S reserves so there is no risk of me not being able to finish High School also there is no service time obligation.

KBayDog

A "How am I doing?" poll?

01koch_190.jpg

jacks

As in an aviator one of the lucky ones :) (NFOs are awesome too though)
But ya about an officer recruiter its not really their job because Annapollis is a seperate entity all those guys at admissions are civilians hired by USNA.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
As in an aviator one of the lucky ones :) (NFOs are awesome too though)
But ya about an officer recruiter its not really their job because Annapolis is a seperate entity all those guys at admissions are civilians hired by USNA.

False. I can tell you that every single person that works in Admissions minus some mail staff and receptionists has or is currently serving in the Navy and the vast majority of them are Annapolis graduates. The point is moot though; the fact is if email isn't working, try calling them if that's feasible.

Trust me on this one bud, I worked in Admissions last summer.

jacks

Apologies I got an e-mail a while back no rank just "mr" assumed everyone was a civilian! I'll try calling them.
And Schnugg I do detect a hint of sarcasm there but thanks anyway xD

jacks

Someone just admitted they are a fucking idiot.... unfourtunate for them.
Anyways I took DanMa's advice and gave them a call they said they dont send out information letters for request for information applicants anymore and to just look on the website. I'll probably just apply for that summer seminar thing see how it goes.
And I've started my PPL my 4th hour tomorrow! :)