• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting into Navy ocs

Hi everyone - I’m currently applying to OCS and was wondering what happens if I am not accepted. Trying to think positively but also know it is highly competitive and I just want to have a solid back up plan. Am I eligible to reapply again in the future? Any info helps thanks!

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Hi everyone - I’m currently applying to OCS and was wondering what happens if I am not accepted. Trying to think positively but also know it is highly competitive and I just want to have a solid back up plan. Am I eligible to reapply again in the future? Any info helps thanks!
Reach out to your local officer recruiter. They'll be able to answer all questions regarding the process you may have.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

If you don't make it, then you can apply again. In fact, I recommend applying multiple times if your first time doesn't work out.

If it’s the same designator, you have to wait 6 months unless you make significant change to your packet. Changes may include, retest of the OAR or ASTB, GPA increase, adding another degree, etc…
OK since I'm going for Naval Flight Officer I have to do the aviation portion of the ASTB not just the OAR. However, I've been finding it extremely difficult to get my score up on the aviation portion, but my OAR score is good. Would you recommend changing my designator? I'm very open to other designators, the only reason I'm doing aviation is because my recruiter told me it has the "best bases."

NavyFanatic32

OK since I'm going for Naval Flight Officer I have to do the aviation portion of the ASTB not just the OAR. However, I've been finding it extremely difficult to get my score up on the aviation portion, but my OAR score is good. Would you recommend changing my designator? I'm very open to other designators, the only reason I'm doing aviation is because my recruiter told me it has the "best bases."
What’s your scores? Also what other designators are you interested? As far as aviation having the best bases, the Navy as a whole has the best bases in general compared to other branches in my opinion. So idk if there’s a big advantage for aviation specifically. There are many designators that you can legit be stationed anywhere.

Do you think that’s really a good criterion for the designator you want to serve as, because that’s a cringe-worthy thing for your recruiter to say.
I know.. If I'm being honest, I want to go as a Public Affairs Officer but he told me that it isn't a "good path" and to push for aviation instead. Not sure if he gets paid for recruiting a certain amount of Aviation designators or what but it certainly feels like there is a reason he wants me to do Aviation so badly and apply as a Naval Flight Officer because he isn't really taking into account what I want to do.

NavyFanatic32

I know.. If I'm being honest, I want to go as a Public Affairs Officer but he told me that it isn't a "good path" and to push for aviation instead. Not sure if he gets paid for recruiting a certain amount of Aviation designators or what but it certainly feels like there is a reason he wants me to do Aviation so badly and apply as a Naval Flight Officer because he isn't really taking into account what I want to do.
From what I heard PAO is hard to get into because they usually take prior enlisted. If you don’t want to do aviation you shouldn’t apply. Pick something that you actually want to do/ can see yourself doing.

What’s your scores? Also what other designators are you interested? As far as aviation having the best bases, the Navy as a whole has the best bases in general compared to other branches in my opinion. So idk if there’s a big advantage for aviation specifically. There are many designators that you can legit be stationed anywhere.
My score on the OAR was a 44 so not great. Im retaking it again in August. I'm really interested in becoming a Public Affairs Officer and if I'm being honest, it's what I wanted to do originally but my recruiter pushed me to do Naval Flight Officer instead, which is why I have been having such a tough time with the ASTB because you need a much higher score to get into Aviation. Am I allowed to switch my designator before submitting my final packet to the boards for OCS? I haven't applied to OCS yet

From what I heard PAO is hard to get into because they usually take prior enlisted. If you don’t want to do aviation you shouldn’t apply. Pick something that you actually want to do/ can see yourself doing.
would you recommend I enlist first then if I want to do PAO? I have a bachelor's degree, not sure if that would give me any sort of advantage to other E-1s..