• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting in to OCS and getting an SNA spot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevew

I had a couple of question and I was wondering if anybody here would be able to help me out.
I took the ASTB about a year ago and only scored about a 3 on my PFAR and FOFAR. I want to take it again but I'm not sure what material I should be using to study. The first time I took it I used the ARCO book to prepare, apparently that didn't help much. I have the Marine Study Guide but I don't know if studying that alone will be enough. Also the study guide references materials which I don't have, does anyone know where I would be able to aquire these other materials and what else should I be using to study for the ASTB?
I am also aware that I have to go for a health exam. As far as I know I am in good health but is there anything that I should look out for that could possibly disqualify me? Do they make you do push ups, sit ups and run? If so how many do I have to do and how fast do I have rto run to stay competitive for an SNA slot?
I have a decent GPA and and I suppose I could get good letters of recommendation. Is there anything else that I'm missing that I need in order to submit my package or anything I can do to get an extra edge in order to make my chances of getting a spot more likely.
Regards,
Steve

Goliath112

right now you need to score at least 6 or 7 on the PFAR FOFAR AND above 55 on the OAR. The Marine study guide is good to go. Also look in the library for us government mechanical comprehension test book. then get in shape and do at least 65 PUs 80 pus and 10:30 on the run.
whats the decent GPA? as for the medical I have no idea what you might have... its hard to get in now man. but apply and see. then apply again and again....get the picture..

leonsparx

stevew,
not to be unhelpful, but there are about five billion threads on this site answering all the questions you asked. do searches in the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.