• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting ahead for API

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat McKenna

I am an AOC scheduled to start OCS this September...hopefully moving onto API sometime early next year. I've been looking ahead at some of the study guides for the API courses (aero, engines, nav, weather), but haven't found anything posted for the FRR test. Does anyone have any suggestions on things to read to start familizations with the regs?

Also, does anyone have any general suggestions of things I could start thinking about now to prepare for PFT?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Pat, the FRR test is probably the easiest test that you take during API, since the material that is covered is just so straight forward. As Matt mentioned, you can go pick up an AIM/FAR from Barnes and Nobles. In addition to what Matt stated, the cloud clearances also come to mind. I'll see if I have anything for the FRR, but I don't think I ever posted anything just because the material given in class was just so straight forward, and boiled down to memorizing some numbers. While it DOES help to get ahead on some things, you have to take each hurdle as it comes. Anyways, best of luck.

JTurse

One comment regarding PT-- there's a book out by LT Stewart Smith that has a great PT program in it, I think it's "Navy SEAL Fitness." It's more designed for BUD/S prep, but I've been working through the program and it's been good for me. It really works the PT, swimming (required for physio), and running--all stuff that we need to do. Hope that helps--

JT

Edited by - JTurse on 28 July 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.