• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 PCS Move

aircrew1221

I was wanting to know if anyone that is going to BOOST or NSI has already moved to their school location and if they had any problems. Our orders say to be in Tampa NLT April 25 but that is only a week after my husband graduates NSI and we want to be move before he leaves for NSI. I just wanted to know if others were able to move before hand without a problem. Thank You in Advanced!!

bryanpl123

It shouldn't be a problem. I am on leave in the area of my school, I don't have follow on order yet, but I already PCS'ed my wife here. She is staying here while I go off to Boost and NSI.

Are you PCS'ing to RI with him?
If so, When you get to RI contact the JIPPSO office and you can set up the House Hold Goods shipment prior to your husbands detachment date. Everything will be through them!

If you are not going with him to RI...
You can move the the school area now or anytime just about. Just contact your local JIPPSO Office the will take it from there.

They are usually pretty easy to work with, the only place you run into problems is with the NAV/PTO office to arrange your flights...thats another story... Ultimatly just do as they say and pay for your own additional flights, if any, you will actually make out that way BAH rate wise. If he is in a GEO bachelor status you get the higher of the two rates either where he is or where you are, but if the govt pays for you to fly to the new duty station before he gets there then you can only get the BAH rate where you are.

Good luck, I hope I helped more than confused!

aircrew1221

Thank you it does help!!
He is going to NSI only so i will not be going, our hope is to get me to Tampa before he leaves so when he graduates he can go straight to his college.

We are just waiting for PPO to approve a moving company. So hopefully all works out we should know soon. Thanks again