• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 MECEP Message!!!

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Mine came out the week AFTER Thanksgiving. If you think this is tough, wait until you're at TBS and everyone's waiting for MOS's. The worst part is that you know that your SPC knows your MOS, but can't tell you until the selection list makes it through all the wickets.

...Thank God for air contracts.

deloachth

Tank god
Mine came out the week AFTER Thanksgiving. If you think this is tough, wait until you're at TBS and everyone's waiting for MOS's. The worst part is that you know that your SPC knows your MOS, but can't tell you until the selection list makes it through all the wickets.

...Thank God for air contracts.

I saw from your bio that you have aviation guaranteed and you were a Ssgt. Hopefully, my path is almost identical; only I'll be going to University of Florida. Just got this one hurdle first.....damn message.

Questions...was it much of a hassle to apply for a flight contract and did you MOI help out with the process?

Looking around I found what follows... is the process of appyling still the same?

"Marine option students may apply for guaranteed assignment as student naval aviators after they have completed one year in the NROTC program. The application package is sent directly to ON and must be received by 30 September. CMC will conduct a selection board during October. Minimum ASTB scores for pilot consideration are 4/6/4.

b. Application packages to be considered shall include:

(1) A request (example 4-11) from the midshipman to ON containing two enclosures:

(a) Student Naval Aviation Training Agreement (example 4-11a)

(b) NOMI approved* aviation physical, including:

SF88 (Report of Medical Examination)
NAVMED 6410/9 (Anthropometric Data Record)
Statement of Wearing of Contact Lenses (example 4-11b)

(2) An endorsement from the PNS, NROTC Unit containing the following enclosures:

Information Sheet (CNET 1533/62) (example 4-4) including:

ARMS Form (example 4-5)
Photograph (example 4-6)
MOI's comments

* Packages that do not have a current NOMI approved physical will be returned without action. Aviation physicals are good for 24 months."

Clux4

Banned
Deloacth:
There is a fellow MECEPer who was also a prior Tanker and Instructor at the school house. He went back to Tanks from what I understand. You might drink the TBS kool aid and have a change of heart. TANKS, HOOAH!! :D

Hang in there, it will just make Turkey day more fun.

Baker17

I'm in. Since I'm already based in quantico, there shouldn't be a problem with my wife staying here for most of the prep school right?

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Yeah from a STA-21 selectee to all of you MECEP selectees, CONGRATS!!! Feels good to finally know the results. Wish all of you the best of luck.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Yeh congrats and good luck in the program. MECEP was nothing but great to me and my family. Just make the most of it, I saw too many guys lose it all because they went native or forgot that they were still Marines!