• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY '05 Pilot Slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Just turned in my 1st application package for SNA this morning with my recuiter. I'm sure I'll be denied a few times before they accept me... but, the gouge:

Latest numbers indicate 20/186 pilot slots for FY '05 have been filled thus far.

Plenty of slots left for those willing to wait until at least October '04 for SNA :)

I will repeat this post in other forums to spread the word :)

Good luck guys!

~Nate

kevin

just spoke with my recruiter yesterday who said there were 30-40 spots left for sna fy04.

kevin

no, i take my med exam in a few weeks (aug 15 is the 3 month pt). so hopefully (!!!) i will be "reselected" by early september. i think it's kind of amusing...i might be the only person ever to get selected for sna twice. (all you can do is laugh right?)

DairyCreamer

I'm very surprised to read this information, since I saw the numbers sheet itself, and it stated 220/208 slots were filled for Navy SNA slots for FY '04. I mean, awesome if there are openings.

Granted, I won't be competing for FY '04 myself though. It just seems very contradictory to what my recruiter has been telling me, since apparantly the Navy overestimated the number of pilots it needed that cycle, and had to readjust the open slots significantly down, resulting in the overfilled status.

~Nate

Originally posted by kevin
just spoke with my recruiter yesterday who said there were 30-40 spots left for sna fy04.

kevin

bcgeib: prorecd for sna but wasnt told about the 30 day qual period (which ironically how long you have to wait post prk, which i hadnt had done). so they put my app "away" and said after the 3 months the board would rererereview it. me was pissed, but im confident they've kept a spot open for me (even if it's for fy 09).

dairycreamer: my recruiter said one thing, yours said another....is this really anything new? who knows. as you said, it wont really matter for you, since your applying for 05 (good timing for you too).

kevin

bcgeib: prorecd for sna but wasnt told about the 30 day qual period (which ironically how long you have to wait post prk, which i hadnt had done). so they put my app "away" and said after the 3 months the board would rererereview it. me was pissed, but im confident they've kept a spot open for me (even if it's for fy 09).

dairycreamer: my recruiter said one thing, yours said another....is this really anything new? who knows. as you said, it wont really matter for you, since your applying for 05 (good timing for you too).

Doc

Kevin........out of curiosity, what recruiting district are you in and are you direct accession or in a program? I just submitted last week for SNA and or SNFO and am keeping my fingers crossed for an FY04 SNA slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.