• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

from prototype to the Aviation Community

z_007

How often are redesignation boards are in a year? I am wondering from what community is more likely to be picked from for a NSA/NFO slot ( I am assuming some communities have some priority of more spots open for them or perhaps its equal across the board for all communities) . I am in prototype but unfortunately I have failed the nuclear pipeline. Is it common to have some pilot slots available at this time of the year. how does that work? I do would like to go to the aviation community based on my background/education. I even have hours of fight already. what would make me a stronger candidate for the aviation community? it is NOT the same to get redesignated (POCR , failing in the nuclear pipeline) and to lateral transfer correct?

Last edited:

taxi1

pilot
Were you in the Navy Nuke Power Training Unit instructor program? With the 5 year service obligation?

exNavyOffRec

ah so you were to be an instructor at NPTU, which is why you were going through that part of training.

It should be easy enough to find a place to take the ASTB, you should contact the aviation OCM to see what spot they would have in your YG.

z_007

ah so you were to be an instructor at NPTU, which is why you were going through that part of training.

It should be easy enough to find a place to take the ASTB, you should contact the aviation OCM to see what spot they would have in your YG.
Thank you for the advice yes I have look and found out that the exam are taken at an officer recruiting center. I guess I should contact them. I just dont know if its that simple like me wanting to take that exam. I would imagine someone place an order for me to take the exam, someone higher up.

do you think there are some spots in the aviation community at this time of the year ? ( does it matter at all the time of the year?)

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the advice yes I have look and found out that the exam are taken at an officer recruiting center. I guess I should contact them. I just dont know if its that simple like me wanting to take that exam. I would imagine someone place an order for me to take the exam, someone higher up.

do you think there are some spots in the aviation community at this time of the year ? ( does it matter at all the time of the year?)
you need to contact the aviation OCM, you might find out there is no use in taking the ASTB

How often are redesignation boards are in a year? I am wondering from what community is more likely to be picked from for a NSA/NFO slot ( I am assuming some communities have some priority of more spots open for them or perhaps its equal across the board for all communities) . I am in prototype but unfortunately I have failed the nuclear pipeline. Is it common to have some pilot slots available at this time of the year. how does that work? I do would like to go to the aviation community based on my background/education. I even have hours of fight already. what would make me a stronger candidate for the aviation community? it is NOT the same to get redesignated (POCR , failing in the nuclear pipeline) and to lateral transfer correct?

I can’t really answer your question, but I can offer you some sympathy: the nuke program is miserable, but nobody likes to fail. If you tried and didn’t quite make it, there’s nothing to be ashamed of.

Good luck in finding another way to serve