• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

From another board: Update on CT, IT and IS Ratings

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
From another board (my emphasis added):

Good Afternoon,
Thank you to everyone for the great questions and discussions concerning the CT, IT and IS ratings.

For the first time in a long time, we are at capacity across the NNFE ratings. Big Navy is actually in a draw down and NNFE is still growing. This has been a challenge for the NNFE ECM and OCM, but we have been successful in fencing cuts across our ratings and designators. We are fortunate to have a lot of publicity with the stand up of US Fleet Cyber Command/TENTH Fleet and the growth required to build the cadre of Cyber Forces to meet tactical and national Cyber mission requirements.

As far as traditional ways of joining the ranks of the Cyber Forces as a CT, IT and IS - those ratings are closed until at least next summer (2010). That being said, referencing the the comments I saw today concerning interest in the IS rating. The only way into the IS rating at this time, is if you are a reserve IS rated Sailor wishing to come back on active duty or a reservists in another rating who is willing or able to convert to IS in the reserves and followed by going back to active duty as an IS. The IS TECHAD is not accepting anyone into the rating unless they have already completed IS A School.

I will continue to keep you posted on health, retention and advancement opportunities across the CT, IT and IS ratings.

Have a great day.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
So......?

Does anyone think we actually need MORE CTs, ITs, or ISs????????

Are you basing your sarcasm or knowledges of the need for more CTs, ITs, or ISs on your vast experience as a SWO ENS, or do you have further knowledges on those specific communities that would not be mentioned in your profile? If not, then your comment is entirely uninformed an unnecessary.

On the other hand, if one is curious about the size of your ships rudder, how many feet the draft is, the navigable draft, or how many people are required in the pilot house during a sea and anchor detail, you could definitely chime in there . . .

phrogpilot73

So......?

Does anyone think we actually need MORE CTs, ITs, or ISs????????
Wow, seems as this bumper sticker might have some good advice for you:
3444508586_9a2cd4e6e0_m.jpg

On the other hand, if one is curious about the size of your ships rudder, how many feet the draft is, the navigable draft, or how many people are required in the pilot house during a sea and anchor detail, you could definitely chime in there . . .
That would be assuming that he's completed his PQS... Didn't he JUST get commissioned?!?

navy09

None
^^ If anything, we've got too many FC's (and that's a no shitter).

My comment was tongue in cheek, didn't think that could possibly be taken any other way ;)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
^^ If anything, we've got too many FC's (and that's a no shitter).

My comment was tongue in cheek, didn't think that could possibly be taken any other way ;)

The lack of smileys didn't indicate sarcasm. Also, yes there are plenty of FCs hence the reason the SRB multipliers are down. I was in rate was seriously undermanned, had 6.0 multipliers and got nice bonuses. I'm still trying to figure out what I spent that money on . . .

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The lack of smileys didn't indicate sarcasm. Also, yes there are plenty of FCs hence the reason the SRB multipliers are down. I was in rate was seriously undermanned, had 6.0 multipliers and got nice bonuses. I'm still trying to figure out what I spent that money on . . .

Jager bombs in Pensacola, and basically removing my memory of many weekends there.

navy09

None

Wasn't even thinking about SRBs, it just seems like every division on the ship has FCs, while we've got only one IS and the ITs literally live have to in radio for it to stay manned up. Again, sorry if anyone's butt still hurts from the perceived slight.

k2fourever

Only somewhat related, but how are reserve Intel JO staffing levels looking? Are the DCO boards going to tighten up?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wasn't even thinking about SRBs, it just seems like every division on the ship has FCs, while we've got only one IS and the ITs literally live have to in radio for it to stay manned up. Again, sorry if anyone's butt still hurts from the perceived slight.
No one's butt hurts, you're just getting a gentle reminder that you're making yourself look foolish.

k2fourever

See this thread and start at post 258 for some relevant info.

Thanks das. I had seen that. But I wasn't sure whether anyone had any good gouge on whether we were seeing large affiliations from AD to Reserve life in the JO intel community. I've heard conflicting reports: either that a lot more are staying Active and thus keeping billets open for new Reserve DCOs OR that a lot are leaving AD but are staying Reserve to get the drill pay and keep adding years to get their 20. Obviously, they can't both be right.