• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Freedom Bird?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
While you're at it, get a United frequent flyer account. It's free, and at least from Okinawa, it's the only airline that they will put you on. They have to use an American carrier if one is available, and United is the only one (through ANA) that goes to Oki. Not sure on the mainland, but odds are still pretty good that you'll be on United. You get to keep your miles.

magnetfreezer

Exactly. Mainly it was flip flop shower shoes, wife beater shirts, and "I got shitfaced at spring break" hats.

That's fine for the county fair or a NASCAR race, but not official travel, IMHO.

While trying to score some space-A flights on AF AMC birds they always reminded people of the civilian dress code for flights. Is this enforced on chartered routes as well?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Supposedly. To be honest, what I remember of the freedom bird was being awash in the smelly, screaming masses of humanity and long layovers in SEATAC, Alaska, and Korea.

My "flip flop and wife beater" comment was somewhat in jest, but only somewhat. It was MUCH nicer to fly comair (which I did every other time I went over and back) and use my FF miles to upgrade to business. Even economy (i.e bizzotch seats) were better.

lmnop

Wow, sounds like the west coast cat b sucks balls, or maybe I just lucked out with the flight out of Sigonella. I guess it might be a product of the NAVEUR personnel drawdown...not as many bumpuses traveling.