• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FRDMM ONE RNAV ARRIVAL Washington National

H20man

Drill baby drill!
302978_2149288770108_1182995040_32021656_502701126_n.jpg

Friend works ATC in Texas, just posted this to his FB wall figured it was relevant. Not sure if photo shopped or not as he has done stuff before and google did not turn anything up.

29677_1343328461604_1182995040_30789394_2883754_n.jpg

phrogpilot73

All you have to do is go on AirNav.com and realize there is no STAR named FRDMM ONE. I do like the strip referring to my old squadron (now VMM-264) as LEEEEROY JENKINS.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
All you have to do is go on AirNav.com and realize there is no STAR named FRDMM ONE. I do like the strip referring to my old squadron (now VMM-264) as LEEEEROY JENKINS.

Ya that was the first thing I checked, but I haven't picked up a pub in a long time.

Now back to my beer.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are some great intersection names out there. I know near Pcola there was a BUGLE, OBOES, and TOOTS all along the same route. Also one of the approaches going to the Cape Canaveral facility has an IAF or FAF (can't remember off the top of my head) labeled SHUTL.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Several miles north of Whiting there is "INBRD." It's over BFE/northern Santa Rosa County so I'll leave it up to the peanut gallery to determine the exact pronunciation...

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ha I totally forgot about that one! Every time we did an eastbound route in primary we made sure to hit that point.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
EATNA TUNNA SDWCH with a Missed Approach Holding of MAYYO (or something along those line) is a Sherman Field RNAV. And there are Disney ones (Mickey, Goofy, etc) around Orlando. One of the INAV instructors at TW4 had a list of funny ones, but I can't remember too many.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
The best I've heard on the radio was a clearance from a cute sounding female controller. IAF for the high approach is "FAANY" (pronounced fanny).. can't remember exactly where it is, just somewhere in the southwest. The clearance was "Proceed direct FAANY, cleared for the penetration at FAANY". No shitter. My IP and I couldn't stop laughing.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
All the fixes near Santa Rosa, CA (Charles Schultz Field) are peanuts characters. SNUPY LINUS LOOSY, etc.

There's also TUPAC on the ILS into NKX.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Tupac wasn't from SD.

/what's an ILS?

I never said that he was. I just thought it was kind of funny.

Don't tell me about gangsta rap! I earned my street cred on the mean streets of the Dallas suburbs!

I did note that there was no BIGGY anywhere on that approach. Must be somewhere on the east coast.

Oh.....and an ILS is kind of like the AWLS or SPN/41 except that it actually works. It was refreshing to be welcomed to the 1970's instrument world.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The best I've heard on the radio was a clearance from a cute sounding female controller. IAF for the high approach is "FAANY" ...

Right after a couple of my friends landed their helo on a Dutch frigate, a female HCO asked them if they would require "lashes."