• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Formulas given on the Math Section?

toofkir

So, I was just browsing the ASTB forums for more gouge on the Math section and noticed that a couple posters said that basic formulas (i.e. Circle A = 1/2(b*h), Distance formula: D=R*T, etc.) were given on the new ASTB- APEX test....wondering if this is true?

What type of formulas are actually given and are they available only for certain questions? Is there like a button you can click in the top of the page that will bring up a list of commonly used formulas in math?

mb1685

You can hover your mouse over the side of the screen at any time during the math section and it will give you some formulas. I don't know which ones are given since I didn't end up encountering anything I didn't already have memorized.

Asilvia22

The first time I took it I didn't need the formulas at all. The math part is pretty straight forward if you know your basic algebra. The mechanical comp also provided formulas, but the questions didn't really need use of any equations. I am retaking mine tomorrow. I just needed a break from studying so I came here.

Biggity

I just took the test yesterday, and the only formula that was given was a problem that went as follows:
Two cylinders have the same volume. If cylinder A is twice as wide, describe its relation to cylinder B with regards to V (volume) and h (height). The formula for finding volume in a cylinder was included, so it pretty much just asked you to rewrite the formula to show how that affected the rest of the formula.

All my other math questions were asking averages, perimeters (when volume was given), and one statistics problem.

.....Kind of worried that it soft-balled me questions, and indirectly let me know I'm dumb.