• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FOREIGN LANGUAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

psrogers

Intel Officer
I can't say that I have any particular affinity for computers. Hell, if I wanted to work with computers I would seek a civilian job!

spsiratt

24 April OCS
What?! What were they trying to move... DLI or the Eagle? Unsat, they can't move either. I see that the POM is still the same den of debauchery that is was a while back proven by the fact that the eagle is still perched. Such a nice view up there too. Ahhh, those were the days. Yeah, I hope I'm right about the FLPP pay. It would be nice to get a little extra cash just for taking a test once a year.

dividebyzero

They were trying to move DLI to Arizona in the late 70's/early 80's. Then the issue came up again after 9/11 when it took them a month to get a fence around the base b/c the Monterey townsfolk were in a furor over losing their shortcut to Carmel and Seaside.

Someone (undoubtedly Army) reasoned that DLI would be more secure in the middle of the desert, completely ignoring the fact that a) they would never have been able to pump enough water onto the new grounds and b) being so close to the border would've made it *less* secure (ala Goodfellow). They *are* however expanding DLI to a certain location outside of California. Let's just say I feel sorry for the poor bastards who have to spend their 2 years of Cat IV training and clearance hold there as opposed to the beautiful Monterey Bay.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Wow, no joke! Makes me glad I went when I did. What a shame. I guess it really does limit traffic flow between Monterey, PG, and Carmel to just Lighthouse or the highway without the Presidio shortcut. It's not like DLI is really a secure place anyway; we have a bunch of foreigners with no clearances working there daily. Oh well, typical military logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.