• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Foreign Degree

ruby416

Hi everybody,

I was trying to find the exact answer about does Navy OCS except foreign degree since the first day of checking in my Command. So far, no exact answer from anybody, even the command career counselor. I read something about somebody went to college in Germany and his/her degree was not accepted for OCS. I graduated with BA degree and Master of Science degree from England. Does anybody know if my degrees are valid for Navy OCS?

Thank you.

Lucy

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/Directives/1131_2E%20CHAPTER%202.pdf

Chap 2, Section 5, 020504, C

So maybe. Have to send to the people listed in that section to have them evaluated. I would say likely OK since from England and their standards are higher... but would need to submit to know 100%. I work in international transcripts at my university, and sometimes there is trouble if your BA didn't take 4 years/equal number of credits, or if your Masters was too general, and wouldn't be surprised if Navy had similar rules.

Good luck!

Lucy

"Commercial organizations offering foreign education translations and evaluation services to the applicant are unacceptable."
Seems that your response didn't finish but seems to be that the equivalency rating wouldn't be enough (this is also true in my job. Translations by the school are accepted, any type of evaluation by an outside source is not. I'll try to help more once your response is complete.

ruby416

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/Directives/1131_2E CHAPTER 2.pdf

Lucy,

Thank you for your reply. However, I have my BA and Master transcripts evaluated by ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc). As a result, both degrees are equivalent to US degrees. When I talk to the fleet processor (who deal with active enlisted applies OCS), they said my degree is ok for OCS (I didn't quite understand what did they mean when they just applied my email with "your degree is ok"?). In another hand, Navy college said they can not add these degrees to SMART transcript because they univeristy I went to was not on their list. When I talked to the recruiting officers, they said it most likely going to be case by case..... Right now my package is ready and I am trying to mail it out by end of this month. Oh well..... Thanks for your information again!!