• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For those of you who would like a single serving of joe...

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Instead of paying 70 bucks to get a Senseo single serve coffee maker (better than the coffee mess at the galley), you can go on www.sharesenseo.com and take a short quiz. You probably want to fill out the questionnaire as if you are a popular, opinionated sort who's peers are constantly asking for advice.
Fake it... I did.
Then you have to pay 15 bucks S&H.
Good luck, and go with God.

Attachments

• main_sm2.jpg
    main_sm2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 98

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
This thing looks fishy. I tried doing a WhoIs on it and nothing came up from multiple places and the website just kinda looks weird. Momma always told me if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
There was a fatwallet thread on it so it's probably legit.

I'll stick with my bodum french press. Cheaper, more flexible, and still easy enough to operate half-asleep.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
This thing looks fishy. I tried doing a WhoIs on it and nothing came up from multiple places and the website just kinda looks weird. Momma always told me if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Oh ye of little faith. A few people told me that about BDCP.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Got an email saying it was shipped out today. Should be here soon. I'll update when it gets here.

a_m

None
I got mine yesterday. It works just like advertised, so this is a legit deal.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Coffee pods are just $39.99 for ten.

a_m

None
i hear that thing is a bitch to clean... any experience?

So far it's mostly dishwasher safe for all the important parts.

As for the pods, they include about 40 coupons, but yeah, that's where they will get you.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
It is 4 bucks and change for 18 pods @ my local grocery.

The coffee that comes with it is so-so, except for the dark roast which I think makes a good cup of coffee. Went to the local Publix and got box of 18 pods made by Folgers (they have more kinds on Amazon) and another box made by Douwe Egberts (the Senseo brand). The coffee is good, but not as good as the Gevalia I have at home... but that is what I expected (Gevalia does make pods, so I will give them a go).

It is super easy to clean, which is why I got it. There are no messy coffee grounds and after it makes the cup I open the top, dump out the pods, and that is all she wrote. I may rinse the pod holder every few days, but that is it. My office is a long walk from a scuttlebutt ('scuse me, water fountain), and this machine has a resevoir that gives 4 or 5 servings so I can fill it up and be good for a few days. The one cup of coffee setting is only 4 oz so I always use two pods. Quick math will put that at $0.47 per 8 oz cup...well below the price of Starbucks.

In summary:
Pluses:
-Super fast
-Convenient
-Easy to clean
-Through this deal the machine is cheap (it is based on the razor blade business model).

Minuses:
-If you want to make a big pot of coffee for you and your friends, this is not for you
-Coffee pod selection is good, but not extensive
-No one drinks only 4 oz of coffee at a time... at least no one in the military
-You can't choose which color you get (not a factor if you take it to work, but my wife would balk at the red color I received, sitting on the counter).

a_m

None
I'll add that you can easily find great deals online (I just bought 54 pods for $20 at coffeegiant.com). They have nearly every flavor you can want.