• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Food At OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mherr

OK everyone... Question about the food at OCS. What's it like. The reason I ask is that i don't eat meat. Is this a problem? Are there set meals that you are given, or is it cafeteria style?

Thanks,
Matt
SwimmerKing2@aol.com

schmuckatelli

Food at OCS is an experience unto itself. Don't worry, though. When I went through there was a guy in my class that was a vegetarian and he was able to survive on spaghetti and PB&J. When you first get to OCS they will probably have you fill out a bunch of paperwork and on one of the forms it asks if you are a vegetarian or have any other dietary restrictions (i.e., don't eat certain things because of religion, etc.). The first week might be a little tough but after that you will have more choices.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
They will ask when you first get there if there are any vegetarians and will feed you accordingly. Be prepared for a ration from the DIs though. Everybody will get picked on for one thing or another.

submariner8

So if the DI asks me why I don't eat pork, I probably shouldn't say: "Sir, I prefer not to eat anything that rolls around in its own feces."

hawkdocfmf

The food really isnt that bad. I always thought breakfast was the best meal. Once given the privlidge, I ate tons of salad and PB&J.

Status
Not open for further replies.