• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying Space-R for drills

snake020

Contributor
Any reservists (particularly OCONUS) have experience flying Space-R for drills? AMC guidance says it's a thing in practice, just wondering if anyone has practical experience with it.

Travel for Inactive Duty Training (IDT) Members
Members of Reserve Components may travel in a Space- Required (Space-R) status, on DOD controlled aircraft for attendance at IDT assemblies within the CONUS, between CONUS and OCONUS or within OCONUS. Official Travel Authorization (TA) documents must be presented to AMC Passenger Service Agents to be considered during the Space-R travel selection process.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any reservists (particularly OCONUS) have experience flying Space-R for drills? AMC guidance says it's a thing in practice, just wondering if anyone has practical experience with it.
Check out spacea.net. Lots of good gouge, I've traveled space A about 10 times when I was active duty on leave with family. Good deal, but somewhat unpredictable, so expect some waiting times.

DoD Instruction

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
How far away is your drill site as you should be receiving IDTT orders to go to drill.

snake020

Contributor
How far away is your drill site as you should be receiving IDTT orders to go to drill.

The reason I ask is in the event I move overseas, which is a strong likelihood in the next year to year and a half. RESPERSMAN 1300-020 has conflicting guidance:

"Funded Inactive Duty Training Travel (IDTT) orders are authorized to OCONUS locations for overseas residents within the constraints of (
COMNAVRESFORINST 4650.1)"

but then

"application for (overseas SELRES) billets indicates that the SELRES accepts personal responsibility to travel for all cost incurred in getting to the unit’s respective drill site."

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The reason I ask is in the event I move overseas, which is a strong likelihood in the next year to year and a half. RESPERSMAN 1300-020 has conflicting guidance:

"Funded Inactive Duty Training Travel (IDTT) orders are authorized to OCONUS locations for overseas residents within the constraints of (
COMNAVRESFORINST 4650.1)"

but then

"application for (overseas SELRES) billets indicates that the SELRES accepts personal responsibility to travel for all cost incurred in getting to the unit’s respective drill site."
THIS^^^^ I drilled on the staff of NAVEUR in London. Lived in Conus and didn't see any travel money unless it was ADT. Many of the Reserve staff came from other places then London. Ireland, Wales, Germany, Italy, Nigeria, Poland, and me, from the US. Nobody got travel money. They flew or took the train at their expense. They did provide a solid 2 1/2 star hotel in a very good location. I was the only fortunate guy in that I non-reved over for free. But it was a helluva trip.