• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying Opportunities at NAPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRM21o

I just got my acceptance letter to NAPS and I was wondering if there was any way I could work on getting my PPL while up in Newport...Thanks

Semper Fi

kray1395

There is a small airport in Newport that advertises flying lessons. I don't think you'll get NAPS support to do it though. And I doubt you'll really have the time.

usunkmybship

If they do I might join you! Yeah time is a big problem though.
Today was our awards assembly in school and my BGO presented me my certificate in a blue USNA folder for being accepted to NAPS class of 2005. So we leave July and don't get a break till Thanksgiving:(. Well, see you soon!

usunkmybship

No. I'm a high school senior and I got accepted to NAPS in January. You MUST enlist in the Naval Reserves before entering the prep school though, that's what people get confused on. I will enlist this summer after I graduate. I never applied for Nrotc or any other academy.
As for now I'm just a sea cadet.

usunkmybship

Also remember, many priors are coming in from fleet. So they already been to basic Navy boot camp so no need to go through the same thing again. You're going to be a Midshipman/Cadet at a service academy prep school so you are not in the same group as other reservists.

Status
Not open for further replies.