• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying Jets and Height Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshort

Hello, I just got pro-rec'd for SNA and was wondering if I am too tall to fly jets. I am 6'1 and have a buttocks to knee length of 26 in. I asked my recruiter and he has no idea. I would like to know not because im dead set on jets but because I would like to know what my options are.
Thanks

Bolter

pilot
my roommate is a freaking giant (6'3+) and flies harriers. not sure about sitting height and all of that, but I have known several pilots that were tall-ass-mofos and just ran the seat all the way down and were fine. 6'1 is nothing excessive.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
There are plenty of big guys in jets...I am 6'3" and I didn't anthro out of anything...even with long legs...(I still went P-3's though)

DevilDog9782

Yea, 6'1'' isn't that tall - I'm the same height and I'm fine for everything. A few years ago the standards were a little tougher and I was anthro'ed out of prowlers due to sitting height, but they changed those a while back. If you do a search for anthro there were some links to the exact standards via the navy website I believe. I wouldn't worry if I were you though.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
At 6'1 you're fine. I have a buddy who is 6'5 and hes a bit nervous. We get down to Pensacola in a couple weeks so time will tell.

Lobster

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Awesome! Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate the good news!

Note, there is no news until you get measured by the anthro guys in bldg. 633. Everything else is just a guess, and doesn't count for anything.

cgoetz

You see I'm 6' 3 and the whole height thing has got me a little concerned as well but what the hell you going to do right.

nugget81

pilot
I'm 6'2" and just barely fit (sitting height) in the T-45 anthro-wise. Unless you're abnormal proportionally then you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.