• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Florida Keys Evacuating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevo16

pilot
Not yet, Ivan is still south of Jamaica and is not going to sneak up on anybody. It's still way to soon to tell where this storm is going to go. Pretty much everyone from Florida to Texas is nervous, because it is further south than the last one and that means that there are a lot more places that can get hit.

I am not sure exactly when the squadrons in P-Cola will put their Hurricane Evacuation plan into action, but I know that the HT's only leave the area if it is a catagory 4 or 5 storm. If it is a 3 or lower, they just put all the 57's in hangars at South Field or Saufley.

The Keys may be jumping the gun just a bit.

lombs18

at this 'cane rate, and leaving and comming back and leaving again, why dosent everybody in Florida leave and come back in.. oooh lets say 2 months..

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bevo said:
Not yet, Ivan is still south of Jamaica and is not going to sneak up on anybody. It's still way to soon to tell where this storm is going to go. Pretty much everyone from Florida to Texas is nervous, because it is further south than the last one and that means that there are a lot more places that can get hit.

I am not sure exactly when the squadrons in P-Cola will put their Hurricane Evacuation plan into action, but I know that the HT's only leave the area if it is a catagory 4 or 5 storm. If it is a 3 or lower, they just put all the 57's in hangars at South Field or Saufley.

The Keys may be jumping the gun just a bit.

Not when you're barely above sea level and the storm WILL be near you. Near is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.