• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnt83

What type of tests and flight training determines whether or not youll fly jets or helo's?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
They should. We've started going to a clean-slate-starting-every-phase program. API is a valid part of the training program, and your academic there are as important as those in any other phase. And, let's face it, if you're getting pink sheets at API, you are a rock.

As a semi-old(er) guy, I think API started a slide ever since the O course became non-graded. The truly old would probably say it started downward when they stopped teaching boxing, and I'd be inclined to agree.

Phrogs phorever

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by Rainman
API grades no longer count for selection.
I wonder when that started. I know my NSS factored in my API grades, but then again, I was under the OLD system of Aboves and Belows, not the MPTS Air Force system...

Rainman

pilot
yeah, John I really don't think it was all that long ago. Last year, at the start of API we were told that it was 15%. .So it must have changed last year . it does count for Commodore's List. .but not selection.

Phrogdriver. .you'll be sad to learn that the O Course is completely out of the syllabus.

Status
Not open for further replies.