• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibar

This might be a dumb question but it's something I've been thinking about. What happens to those unfortunate individuals who get disqualified during the flight physical (othar than the obvious fact that they won't be flying for the Navy)? Are they given the opportunity to join any other community in the Navy they are interested in?

sibar

I haven't been disqualified. I start OCS in May, so I'm not really in the Navy yet. Anyway, the reason I ask is because in this part of flight school you have no control in whether you pass or fail. And I don't like that.

Gator

According to my enlistment contract for BDCP if I am no longer medically qualified to be an aviator I can submit for a new designator or request to be disenrollment in the program.

Dave Shutter

Generally speaking, if you make make it past the MEPs physical you are usually in good shape but you never know, they might not be that strict at your MEPS vs. NOMI where you can expect zero slack, and then there's the fact that the MEPS Doc's job is to get you in. Funny thing, miracles seem to be a common occurence these days when it comes to waivers for aviation. If you do run into a "whammi" it may not be the end of the road; the size of the holes in the mesh is proportionet to the shortage of people and right now the holes are pretty big.

As for joining another community you can bet on it, we need people bad, I know this for a fact because I hear heated phone conversations about whose fault it is that "we're not meeting quoatas" just about every day now. Such that DOR'ing, from guys I've known who've asked for it, is basically an 'Escape From Pensacola' scenario, they'll do everything possible to keep you there. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.