• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Medical Question

Moses533

I just got accepted to OCS with a naval aviation track so ill be heading to API straight out of OCS. I have been fighting for medical waivers for the past 2 years and I got accepted with my waivers final decision being up to NAMI. I would really like to know if I pass a flight medical before doing OCS and preferably before committing to the Navy.

Is there someone I can call or talk to about my medical waivers?

one waiver is for my eye - I was shot in the eye with a BB gun as a kid and I have a cordial scare with not loss of vision. Other than that vision is 20/20
I have had 2 hernia surgeries and got waivers for both.

I am a pilot now so I have my civilian medical, I'd really like to go somewhere and get a Navy flight medical

Grantendo

pilot
For anybody else wondering here, there is absolutely people you can call at NAMI to talk to about waivers. I got a flight doc on the line to ask about mine when I was in San Diego preparing to move to Pensacola for API.

Moses533

For anybody else wondering here, there is absolutely people you can call at NAMI to talk to about waivers. I got a flight doc on the line to ask about mine when I was in San Diego preparing to move to Pensacola for API.
Absolutely correct. I got in touch with a NAMI doctor and ended up not even needing a waiver. It was not easy to get someone on the phone but keep calling around and you will get there. Just make sure it's a NAMI flight doc and not someone talking about what NAMI will do.