• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Medical at TBS?

bradler

Anyone know why they would give a flight medical at TBS? I recieved my first cleared flight medical only 10 months ago.

UORBulldog

Well all the air contracts in Echo last year went and did flight physicals at mainside on weekends. We thought they were just annual physicals, but when I got down to API, all I had to do was the eye test and that was it. The whole pre flight school physical concept confuses the hell out of me, I always heard it didn't matter what physicals you had before you got to flight school, you would get the whole thing over again.. but obviously that's not true, or anymore at least

bradler

Thanks for the reply. So this would possible replace the pre-flight physical that I was expecting in Pensacola? I know I am not the only one there is a handle full from my company.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
You will still get another physical in Pcola. Some guys got the short form, some long form. It really seemed like luck-of-the-draw because some guys who had long form recently had to do the long again, and vice versa. I'm sure there was some reason for it.

Anywho, you will still get a trip to flight med down south.