• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Contract trouble with ADD/ADHD??

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
I'm curious why people who are advocating not to disclose can get around this. Wouldn't they look at your records, and determine you're lying and were diagnosed with ADD/took meds instantly?

What records? From what I remember they just ask you stuff about your history, I don't think we had to submit any kind of civilian records. If you used to eat paste in 1st grade and were diagnosed with ADD by some quack I'd keep that shit to yourself.

flopper

I am allergic to shellfish(or at least I was when I was four years old, which was the last time I had a reaction) is that something I should be concerned about?

Try some shellfish and see what happens now. Just be sure to have some benadryl nearby. BTW, how do you remember being four-years old?

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
Just a little off topic but when the OR asks about drug history and you have only tried marjuiana twice like 7 years ago when you were 16, should you say yes. I don't want that to be a disqualifying remark when it was so long ago and I haven't tried it since. Thank you for your help :)

Of course the official response has to be "disclose everything." Unofficially I'll tell you there are plenty of successful pilots out there that left out some details like you mentioned above. Yes there are waivers, but if it's between you and a guy who doesn't need a waiver, who are they going to take? I don't see the benefit to disclosing this when no one will find out. I'll probably take some flak for saying that but that's the reality.

Dominoes

What records? From what I remember they just ask you stuff about your history, I don't think we had to submit any kind of civilian records. If you used to eat paste in 1st grade and were diagnosed with ADD by some quack I'd keep that shit to yourself.
On the prescreen form, you're required to list current and past general practitioners and insurance companies. A: Wouldn't they request your pediatritian's records if they notice they can't find history on you from when you were a kid because you omitted it? B: Can they pull comprehensive medical histories from your listed insurance companies?

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
On the prescreen form, you're required to list current and past general practitioners and insurance companies. A: Wouldn't they request your pediatritian's records if they notice they can't find history on you from when you were a kid because you omitted it? B: Can they pull comprehensive medical histories from your listed insurance companies?

A: If you omitted it, why would they think there's a history to be found?

B: Not without your permission.

You're setting yourself up for trouble if you willingly fail to disclose material information.