• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First T-34 FAM Flight Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
If the weather holds, I'm supposed to get my first FAM Flight in a T-34 today. My squadron is unique in having multiple platforms to fly. I'll have some pictures posted on my website afterward.

AT1 (AW/NAC) Christopher M. Harrison
VX-20 VP Projects
Bldg 606 RM 16B
harrisoncm@navair.navy.mil

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
Have fun in your FAM. You going to OCS in SEPT? What is you designator? Just got winged in May 30 as NFO for P-3's going to JAX to be stationed. What did you do on the P-3's?

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Clock started starter switch start 16 volts ignition light on fuel pressure light off oil pressure indicated n1 spooling up passing 12 percent condition lever feather intruduce fuel itt light off within 10 seconds.

schmuckatelli

I can't believe you still have that memorized. The only T-34 procedure I've managed to retain is Crew Canopy Cords Harness Crouch Dive Pull. :)

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
Originally posted by NFOtoBE
Have fun in your FAM. You going to OCS in SEPT? What is you designator? Just got winged in May 30 as NFO for P-3's going to JAX to be stationed. What did you do on the P-3's?
I'll be an SNFO. I'm an IFT with almost 2500 hours. I was out VP-9 in Hawaii for 5 years and did 3 WESTPAC deployments.
My flight went well, I'm 6-1 so it was a bit uncomfortable since we were up for about 3 hours on the first leg and 1.5 on the second. The pilot was a test pilot and he did a couple of spins (DAMN!) a couple of aileron rolls and a loop w/ about a 3G pull out (I think?). Compared to a P-3 a T-34 is definately a racecar! I couldn't believe how sensitive the controls were! It was pretty damn cool, I had a great time. How long are the normal flights in Primary?

AT1 (AW/NAC) Christopher M. Harrison
VX-20 VP Projects
Bldg 606 RM 16B
harrisoncm@navair.navy.mil
NoTitlesmall.gif

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Primary flights are about 2 hours long on average, unless you are doing an out & in or a VNAV (Low Level Visual Nav). After about 2 hours, your butt will start to hurt....Ouch. Your prior flight time should serve you well...Radio Comms, General SA, etc. Good luck! Glad to hear you had fun!!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I agree with the butt statement, but....mine hurts after a hour and a half. RI out and ins are painful.

Dave

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
Tell me about it the T-34 definitely has some get up and go!! Especially on those go arounds! And like others have said...The seats suck and your butt WILL hurt after even a 2 hour flight!

Status
Not open for further replies.