• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First pay during OCS

Does anyone who has recently attended OCS know when the first paycheck is deposited? Also, we know the pay is E-5, but what is taken out of it for food, etc? Thank you!

haka

None
Does anyone who has recently attended OCS know when the first paycheck is deposited? Also, we know the pay is E-5, but what is taken out of it for food, etc? Thank you!

I got my first paycheck about 3 weeks after arriving at OCS. The first paycheck or two are higher than average because you get some extra for uniform allowance. Expect most paychecks after that to be around $1000.

FloridaDad

I got my first paycheck about 3 weeks after arriving at OCS. The first paycheck or two are higher than average because you get some extra for uniform allowance. Expect most paychecks after that to be around $1000.
How often do you get paid? If you have dependents (wife and 2 kids) back home do you receive the housing allowance for them?

haka

None
How often do you get paid? If you have dependents (wife and 2 kids) back home do you receive the housing allowance for them?
Every two weeks.

Yes, but don't expect that pay to go through for months. You'll get back paid, but most folks don't see it for a long time. Plan to live without relying on it.

FloridaDad

Every two weeks.

Yes, but don't expect that pay to go through for months. You'll get back paid, but most folks don't see it for a long time. Plan to live without relying on it.
as long as they have food and the utilities aren't turned off it'll be fine haha

RhodesReese

Any insight for priors heading to OCS with regards to enlisted base pay, BAH, BAS, etc. Planning for back pay now, but want to figure out the situation for my wife and children my wife is a stay at home mom. Also my base pay is higher than O1E. I know you get paid the higher base pay rate until your officer pay catches up. Is that taken care of while at OCS?

RhodesReese

Any insight for priors heading to OCS with regards to enlisted base pay, BAH, BAS, etc. Planning for back pay now, but want to figure out the situation for my wife and children my wife is a stay at home mom. Also my base pay is higher than O1E. I know you get paid the higher base pay rate until your officer pay catches up. Is that taken care of while at OCS?

Disregard the higher base pay comment. I read the wrong chart. Other questions still relevant.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Disregard the higher base pay comment. I read the wrong chart. Other questions still relevant.
If you are prior navy, you shouldn't have any major pay issues as you retain your previous pygrade. The main issue is for those of us priors that came from other branches. I came from the Marine Corps and didn't get paid for 8 weeks and lost tricare 6 days after checking in to OCS (my son was rushed to the ER and that's how we found out I didn't have tricare). As for O1E, that won't come until the day you commission.

Edited to add, that is based solely off my graduating class