• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Finishing up... ACM, multiplane ONAVS, the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Thankfully my days in Meridian are drawing to an end. I spent much of last month in Salina Kansas on a Weps det. What a blast that was. We lost fly days to snow and ice. Of course all the students just kept wondering who in the hell decided it would be productive to go to KS in Feb...

Anyway, I got my TACFORMS and WEPs done on the det. The real fun began when I got back to Meridian. I started Offensive 1v1 BFM and loved every minute of it. It was challenging and fun.... Defensive 1v1 BFM is a whole 'nother story. I did not like it one bit, I hope I never end up in a defensive position, and if I do I hope that I will have enough sense to bug as soon as the oppurtunity presents itself. There are several factors that made defensive more difficult than offensive - primarily trying to turn your head nearly 180 degrees to keep the bandit in sight at all times - moving your head around against the G's isn't so much fun. I start Neutral sets on monday and I hear from others that these are much more enjoyable and less painful on the neck and back - I believe Matt spoke to this matter in one of his posts while he was still here in Meridian. There are two neutrals and then on to 2 v 1, two students against an IP/bandit. An excercise in flying, thinking, and talking at the same time....I can already hear the circus music playing already

I should finish ACM next week and then with some good weather days finish up the multiplane onavs in two days. I recomend reading one of Matt's post on the road recces, he has a very good description there. May 10-15 is the boat date aboard the Harry S. Truman. FCLPs will probably start mid to late April. I'm really hoping for good weather next week to finish up ACM because I would really enjoy the break before FCLPs.

The TS program is alive and well in Meridian, they have been starting classes of guys for almost two months now. Only a few guys having problems and that is more of an attitude adjustmant kind of thing-so it should all work itself out.

jec

Jack

We were actually rather embarrassed by our poor performance by not finishing off that last keg...Most of us left early on the weekends to head over to Manhattan - you know doing a little 'recruiting' with the lovely young ladies of KSU. Midway Aviation is a class act, they did a wonderful job of accomidating us and taking care of anything we needed to keep things flowing smoothly. Let your buddies know that we really appreciate all they did. Its a shame that they didnt let you out to the line. We were giving tours to the townies quite often - they just showed up and asked. We figured they're paying for the jets they should be able to check 'em out.

jec

gunnerdd972

I wish I knew too,
I am going to KSU in Manhattan as we speak. Is this a common pratice for Navy fly boys to come up this way? If that is true I would sure like to come up to Midway myself and see my parents once I start training,(hope I get jets). You are right about the KSU women, today the temp was around 80 for the first time this year, plenty of girls in shorts.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

Status
Not open for further replies.