• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select

Cinquain

Banned
Hello everyone,
I'm currently facing issues with my secret clearance, which is quite typical based on the previous post I've read from this site. Right now they have granted me a interim secret clearance and I would like to know if that would be enough for my final select. I would also appreciate any tippers you guys have on how to get final select as soon as possible. Thanks.

blarged

ready
I have my final select, have already sworn in, and just did my security investigation interview for TS today. I think you might have some information mixed up. It is my understanding that they technically do not 'hand out' clearances until after you are 'in the Navy'.

Are you in the know of what the 'issues' are for your clearance?

Cinquain

Banned
I am in the Navy, I was prior enlisted before receiving my pro select so No I do not have my info mixed up

SWOHopeful

Just to answer your question. An interim clearance is enough to get a FS. There is a thread somewhere around here that I read one time that goes into detail about this.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Just to answer your question. An interim clearance is enough to get a FS. There is a thread somewhere around here that I read one time that goes into detail about this.

Correct, all the have to do is start the investigation, or open the preliminary clearance at least what my OR told me before FS, guess interim clearance is what he was actually talking about.

blarged

ready
Correct, all the have to do is start the investigation, or open the preliminary clearance at least what my OR told me before FS, guess interim clearance is what he was actually talking about.

That's what I would think, too. But he mentions having "issues with my secret clearance". If you are not eligible for a secret clearance, I can't see them giving you a FS. But like BOND and Hopeful said, I would also assume that if you are able to get an interim secret clearance, then the issues are some clerical, not show stopping.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I was told I wouldn't receive a secret clearance before FS. but I was told that, never saw anything on paper saying one or the other.

Cinquain

Banned
You guys are bringing some excellent points, I think I got my info wrong in the sense that I thought that I must receive a secret clearance before FS. Guess I was wrong about that.

bigpapa1121

i work in the intelligence shop in my squadron right now, and our shop handles all of the security investigations for the squadron. We are only allowed to grant interim clearances to those who need it. The investigation itself takes about 2-3 months, but I cant see why they would give you interim clearance if, in the end, you would be denied. It is a way to give you secret eligibility before your investigation is finished. As far as I know you don't really need a secret clearance until you get to your fleet aircraft, if you select jets they will start a top secret investigation on you so you will be ready when you get those aircraft. Hope this helps

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
You guys are bringing some excellent points, I think I got my info wrong in the sense that I thought that I must receive a secret clearance before FS. Guess I was wrong about that.

Well when I was getting final select that was what held mine up. But once it had all been processed I got my select.

mdkaboom

I am active as well and all I had to do was make sure there was an investigation started (NACLC - actually my 2nd). 2 things to check; they have changed some things for active duty folks as to who does the initial investigations (OPM, etc.) and which system you use to enter the info (EPSQ, JPAS) so ask your command security manager. Oh, and make sure OPM got your signature pages and they are signed correctly with the correct date format.

Cinquain

Banned
My recruiter said everything was ok, and all the paperworks are fine. He told me that I should be receiving my final select letter in a few days so we'll see about that...

Cinquain

Banned
Swohopeful, I am BDCP so my OR told me that my OCS date is May, 2011. The strange thing is that my academic completion clearly shows that I will not graduate till June 2011. Also, can you please elaborate by what you mean in these two statements " There are known occurences of that date changing between the time you learn it and the letter coming in, but that is rather rare. Don't be too in a hurry to sware in because nothing really changes until you actually arrive in Newport as far as your status is concerned." Thank you