• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select

jooman360

Hey everybody i was final select today for NFO. Turns out I'm not physically qualified for pilot. Something about my eyes. I had a depth perception waiver but I'm not sure if they accepted it or what. Thanks for all you support everyone it was a year and half process. But yet again I have a dilemma.

I applied for Pilot then supply before NFO but did not get pro rec for supply. I am considering reapplying for supply only, but chief I spoke to warned me that it is getting extremely competitive and if you don't get it you might not get anything at all. I have a 3.9 GPA and I'm an Economics major. I have solid test scores and I feel like I can get it. But I'm still a little worried if I reapply I could end up with nothing. NFO would be great but I would prefer supply. Does anyone have any advice for me?

swerdna

None
Contributor
If I were you, I'd go with NFO. Are you prior service? Supply might not be what you think it is. I also think that if you go to NFO training and don't make it through, you can be re-designated. I've known some SWOs who were originally NFO students.

Congratulations on your selection.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yes I I think the board probably met a few days ago and today was when I found out. and thanks. I like supply because of the career opportunities afterwards although NFO would be a better job.

Do you mean professionally recommended or final select?

The board that just met the other day..is for pro-recs... To be final select means you were up for a November or earlier selection board and have already been pro-rec'd before.

Pro-rec and final select are two totally different things.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I like supply because of the career opportunities afterwards although NFO would be a better job.

Everyone jokes about No Future Outside (NFO) the Navy.

What you would get is the opportunity to fly with the best pilots in the world. Even better, your service would be greatly desired and admired, by your subordinates, peers and superiors.

My advice: Fvck afterwards. Get that out of your vocab and enjoy the opportunites NOW. A 20-yr career will exceed the "experiences" and "career opportunities" of any college grad who doesn't join the Navy.

Not to mention (and by no means a PRIME REASON for joining), but a guaranteed job in the hand is worth two potential lay-offs in the bush.

jooman360

Do you mean professionally recommended or final select?

The board that just met the other day..is for pro-recs... To be final select means you were up for a November or earlier selection board and have already been pro-rec'd before.

Pro-rec and final select are two totally different things.

I was pro reced in november for pilot and NFO but not supply.