• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FINAL SELECT, Crypto

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbergem

Final Select Crypto, OCS 30 JUL 2005
Whoo-hoo!

I have known for about 2 weeks that I was board recommended, but I have been holding off on posting till I got my OCS date: 30 JUL 2005! Talk about delayed entry! I guess they only took 15 cryp'pys for FY05 (which is full) and they are only taking 15 for FY06. When I swear-in (in about 2 hours) I will be 3 of 15 for FY06.

So now, I guess I just have to tough it out another year at my job, pay off all my debt (bracing for the major pay cut), and begin by new career in the Navy!

Any other Crypto selects out there?

pineapplehead

BDCP Crypto, OCS - July 9, 2005
Congratulations!!

My class date is 9 July 2005 - I'm BDCP. I was FY06, but now I'm not sure because of the shortened OCS - I might be graduating the last week of September instead of the first of October. I didn't realize there were so few of us out there.

mbergem

Final Select Crypto, OCS 30 JUL 2005
Thanks for the congrats, Pineapple...

OCS is now 12 weeks. When I was down at MEPS getting sworn in, they were all talking about it. I guess there are 4 classes I need to take on-line (from what I understand, they are not a big deal). FY06 begins with the 13 JUL 05 OCS class.

As for where I got the number of candidates they took, it was from recruiter looking at some system. I think it could change for FY06, because when I first applied, they wanted 40 Crypto selects for FY05, now that has dropped to 15 for FY05 and FY06.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
mbergem,
Congrats.....Enjoy the "working for a living" crowd and stay out of trouble.
ea6bflyr

BTW: Nice OCS website, pineapplehead....I'm sure that all the "gonna be OCS'ers" will get some good info (after filtering) from that website.

ducam23

Supply Corps - BDCP 2007
i am applying BDCP Crypto and sent the app in 7/20 and am just trying not to worry myself that much about how many slots are open but it is getting to me I guess. I am trying to find something reassuring but that seems to be hard to come by. Congrats on getting accepted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.