• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Filling Navy Quotas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkendallallen

I've heard a lot about filling yearly quotas for positions, but I was wondering if the quotas are compartamentalized in terms of sex or anything else. For example, if they are looking to fill five slots for NFO, does one hav to be a woman? I know that certain positions are restricted to women, such as submarines, but are there any jobs that the Navy actively recruits women? Thanks for any imput.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Can't say for certain, but I can tell you the Marine Corps does this. Our OSO office has a certain # of slots mandated be filled by women. I would imagine the Navy does the same.

btw, They do this for racial types also. My OSO told me he had to fill a certain # of slots per year for hispanics, etc.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I doubt the Marines truely have hard quotas for minorities and gender. It is probably more like the Navy. CNRC sets goals for diversity (the new PC for minority, gender/racial). There is a concerted effort to make these goals but they absolutely will not hold open spots for a qualified diversity candidate and then have it go unfilled at the end of the year because the right number of applicants in the right flavor didn't show up. CNRC's first and foremost mission is to man the fleet with qualified individuals. They won't underman because there weren't enough minority applicants.

jkendallallen

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know what fields are most likely trying to recruit women? I'm still looking around different specialties as I study for the ASTB. I really want to serve in some capacity, so I guess I'm looking for the best mix of what the Navy needs and what I'm best at. If anyone knows about particularly good fields I'd love the info. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.