• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

field marches

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedine

Hello all. I found out about Airwarriors from a friend of mine in high school, and I just wanted to check it out. I would like to know if marine aviators/crews do field marches after basic training. Thanks

Tessone

Depends on what you mean by "basic training". Do you mean OCS? If so, yes. All of us will have to go to the Basic School after being commissioned to become basically qualified infantry officers. If you choose to go to IOC afterward, there'll be even more of that kind of stuff (I'm looking forward to it!)

If by "basic training" you meant TBS, then someone like Major Frumby could give definitive gouge. I got the impression pilots didn't do much marching, except perhaps on a FAC (Forward Air Controller) tour.

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
You mean humps? If so, then yeah, lots. At TBS we had a 9, 11, 15 and a 20 miler. (I think those were the demoninations...) Not to mention back and forth from the range, and during any FEX we had.

Specify what you mean by field marches...

Status
Not open for further replies.