• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FEP and the end of a dream (this year anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dividebyzero

Well, thanks to a run failure on the prt (long story, usually run a 11:30, but happened to be sick), and a PRT office that refuses to let me retest), I'm now on FEP.
banghead_125.gif

This essentially means I'm "persona-non-grata" in the eyes of the command, and I can forget my STA-21 package.

No particular reason in posting this, other than to simply vent and to see if anyone else around can somehow tell my otherwise about my conclussion about the consequences of this.

twidget

Deskaholic
Too bad, just don't quit. If you're committed to your goal, you will learn from your setbacks and find they make you stronger in the end. Specifically, think of all the classes, correspondence courses, volunteer efforts, leadership opportunities, etcetera you can pursue to not only make your package better, but also make you a better sailor. PM or IM me if you need to vent more, or to hear about my countless setbacks before I got selected.

Best of luck Shipmate!

fraz76

Yo div cant you get a retest with someone else in your command...like an officer that can administer the test for you. Talk to your chain of command. cause the quick you get your package the quick you get your results...Good luck.

AldAE

Originally posted by fraz76
Yo div cant you get a retest with someone else in your command...like an officer that can administer the test for you. Talk to your chain of command. cause the quick you get your package the quick you get your results...Good luck.

Be careful about this, you don't want to look like you are running to the Os to get things fixed. Make sure your COC knows why this is important and that you WILL pass with flying colors.

dividebyzero

Sri, it's been a while...
Thx for all the support guys, I'm pursuing the retest option now, however, the PRT isn't being
at all cooperative, and it's ultimately there call. If I succeed, it won't end up refuting my last failure, but it'll at least be something I can submit with my STA-21 package to say in effect "Okay, I just had a bad PRT day."
Despite the fact that maybe 85% of PRT failures are actually due to sheer laziness, I just need it known to *someone* *somewhere* in my command that such isnt the case for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.