• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FEMALE CAP FOR NAVY OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaysee

Hi,

Hearing from a female from IL that just got denied acceptance because of a female caps possibly depending on where she was from? Does anyone know about the chances of being accepted as a female? Do they have caps depending on where you are from? I am reapplying, but still really worried about whether my chances are good or not...my stats 3.4 UC Berkeley, 40's pu, 70's su, 12:45 1.5 mi run, Geography major applying for Intel...I hope my recruitor will accept my application. kaysee

mbeaser

I think she's probably just bitter. I'd also have to say that I think females OCS slots are fairly coordinated, since I'm pretty sure that they don't mix genders in rooms and there are 4 people to a room (hey, I'm still a wannabe). The Navy has to follow equal opportunity and a female cap would definitely be against EO. Just my 2p (although at current exchange rates 2p is worth about $.032
sly_125.gif
)
Missy

jaznups

Hey I'm from IL and I've never heard of such a thing? I just got accepted like 2 or 3 weeks ago... So I wouldn't let anything like that deter you from reapplying. But your best bet is to ask your recruiter.

Good Luck
Jaz

PS Where I am currently I would be giving my 2p also :)...

Clarity comes when the confusion is gone.

frogggystyle

Intel is extremely competitive to get in to. Their billets fill up quickly and they take, literally, the cream of the crop...except for "Mumbly/Forrest/Sling Blade" who got into Intel because he had family connections. That's a whole different matter all together though. You almost have to bring something they need at any given point in time to get into it, such as a specific langauge or prior Intelligence work in a specific field. I know they only accept 20% of lateral transfer officer packages. That should tell you something seeing how they only allow 02-04s apply for lateral transfer into Intel. Everyone wants in, but there are only so many billets. Even if your physical and mental prowess are both above average, it oftens times is not enough to put you over the top in getting a seat into this field.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)

Kim

I have never heard of a female cap. When I went to OCS we had 7 girls, some classes had one, or even none. It doesn't matter in OCS and I wouldn't think Intel would have any special berthing requirements or anything. Good luck, Kim

bisouss69

I never heard of cap on females other than enlisting for a nuke slot.. since they only can take so many per state and most "roll out". I think your freind probably didnt have much to offer in her package thats why she didnt get picked up. They really want someone with a ok GPA 3.0 and better, foreign language skills, interviews need to be 10's across the board (if she didnt have that then forget it) and overall well rounded person, a go getter. Plus if you already have a SSBI security clearnance before you join the service it looks really good. But most graduates dont have one.

JaneDenver

Intel 09-05
Cap

KC,
A female cap doesn't make any sense. There are however, other "caps" not based on gender. For example, recruiting offices are, to a certain extent, encouraged to fill a diverse range of billets, they may want to fill something other than an intel billet. Intel billets may be full for the fiscal year.

I am speculating, but I believe that the female from IL doesn't know why she was not accepted and is throwing sand in your face. As a caveat to the above, if you put together an appealing package it won't matter how many billets have been filled in your designator. If the boards want you they will just put you in a slot for the following FY.

Just reapply and see how it goes. Intel is very competitive. If you are turned down again it will be the result of someone having submitted a more applealing package than yours. Not because you are female.

Status
Not open for further replies.