• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Female Black Hair Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

onee

bouncy_125.gif

I'm scheduled to class up November 15. I am an African American woman with natural hair. I got confirmation from an OCS representative that EVERYONE gets their hair cut at OCS. So I was upset for a couple of days, as I had been growing my natural hair for almost 5 years now, and I have them beautifully twisted once a week. I had really pretty locks
weeping_125.gif

Anyhow, when I started to think about how badly I want to be an officer and a pilot, I decided not to wait another second.
So I went to a hairdresser, and had my hair cut.
She did not make it any easier for me, as she could not bring herself to cut my hair.
It took 3 hours to cut my hair down to 1/4 of an inch. Now I wash it with Pantene, and condition it, and it curls very nicely on my head. I'll be sure to take Pantene to OCS.
bouncy_125.gif

The really really short hair do is quite a breath of fresh air, especially now that I'm preparing for OCS, running and swimming and all what nought. As much as I hate to admit it, whomever came up with the idea of haircuts for OCS is genius. That one less thing to worry about does make quite a big difference.
When do you class up Jaznups?
Take the plunge, and don't be afraid to go low on the hair. With our kind of hair, it looks good only really short or really long. You can play with different gels and see which one works for you before OCS, so that after graduation you're good to go.
Once in a while, I use this citrus curl gel, and it makes my hair look sooo good, I don't think I ever wish to let it grow again. Hope this helps;

jaerose

One,

How much did all that hair weigh? You should have kept training with it for a while, then when you cut it you'd feel fast and light. I do feel sorry for the women who take pride in their hair and have invested the years to grow it long. Seems like there should be a 'religious' clause about that. This isn't GI Jane. BTW, I go to OCS on August 2, so I'll probably be a candy-o when you're coming in...I'll look for you (don't worry...I'm nice).

Jaz (and others),

If you, or anyone else looks like Halle...then please marry me! J/K. I do think she's one of the most (if not the most) beautiful women in the world...but that's my opinion. She's an okay actress, too.

JR

0ctopus

You will want shorter hair. I like the Navy's policy better. The Marine OCS doesn't cut women's hair, and not only is it hot and heavy but it is ALWAYS messy and they CONSTANTLY remind you of that.

-Becky-

Status
Not open for further replies.