• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb CEC Board

Bullfrog90

Hey,

Congrats, man! I heard back last week - also Pro-Rec'd. No word on when final selections will be, though. My recruiter said the earliest we'll be eligible for OCS is July because we applied for fy 2015, so I'd assume before July. I hope... haha Did you hear anything?

I did some digging around on here, and it looks like the average wait period was 1.5 -2 months between CEC applicants getting their pro-rec and then final selection letters. Not sure how consistent that is, though.

SuperflyD30

Have you gone to meps already bullfrog? I still need to get cleared for medical. I really hope my childhood asthma won't be too big of an issue.

Bullfrog90

Yeah. Twice haha I had to go back and stay over night again just to get my ears checked for 5 min cause they said there was too much wax the first time. They do funny things there...

It's not a bad place for CEC applicants since we don't have to test. Just make friends to pass the time. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you if you haven't had any asthma problem since you were a kid. I don't know the rules on that at all. Do you know when you're going?

Bullfrog90

For me it wasn't. I drove up the night before and stayed in the hotel they provided. Went to MEPS at 4:30, I think it was, then was gone around 1 or 2. Second time I was gone by 9:30 since it was just a check up. Not bad. Just a lot of sitting and waiting.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I will echo Bullfrog. It isn't necessarily a full day but it could be depending on your definition of 'full day'. It also depends on how many people are there. If there is a high volume of people, you might incur long wait times. If it is fairly empty things might move more quickly. It wasn't very crowded when I went and I was in around 0600 and out by around 1330.

Please note that my time did include about 30 minutes of sitting under a blanket in the blood draw area trying to warm up enough so that my veins would loosen up. I have tiny veins and when cold it is practically impossible to strike them! Heck, they have a hard time hitting veins in my hands too. I have a bad feeling that they are going to go for a main line in my neck next time. :(

bravesailor

Hello guys! Hope you are doing great. Just want to ask if you heard anything about the March 10 board for CEC. Are the results out? Thank you.

Bullfrog90

I still haven't heard anything definite. My recruiter mentioned to expect an OCS date in July because I don't graduate til May, but I haven't even received a final selection letter, so nothing is 100% yet.

Anyone else hear anything?

Bullfrog90

Haha good question. I'm not too sure. I think it's kinda like college admissions - it all depends on who else applied and what they're looking for that time around. I know in general, boards want a "well rounded" person. I got turned down the first time I applied for a BDCP, but this time, I picked up a few extra officer positions in the clubs I'm in at school, got an internship relevant to my field (Civil Engineer Corps), volunteered a bit with Habitat for Humanity, and applied just for OCS, which ultimately saves the Navy money since they don't have to pay me til I report now - not sure how much that weighed in but I imagine it did. GPA stayed about the same, so I think it's showing a variety of interests and taking leadership roles in those interests. Also, if you can get additional recommendations and/or interviews (required for CEC), I think it shows that you are truly motivated, rather than just another job you're applying to.