• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Family ALS and Flight physical

TheYeti

My father was recently diagnosed with ALS. I did a little reading and found a percentage of people get it from genetics, so I assumed It'd be a good idea at the next flight physical to mention. If there's any docs around, would this situation warrant me going in ASAP to tell them or just wait until the next physical to mention it?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Not a doc, but don't volunteer information that isn't asked for. Especially if there's nothing you can do about it . . .

jmcquate

Contributor
There's no medical consensus of what ALS is, let alone if it can be passed down genetically. My Mother, Grandmother, and one of my maternal Aunts, all died from ALS and not once has a doc been concerned. I agree with fc2.

jmcquate

Contributor
Something I forgot to say YetI. I'm sorry about your'e dad's condition. Stay strong, He's gonna need you.

TimeBomb

Noise, vibration and harshness
Concur with all of the above. Unless things have changed dramatically, you will be required to answer a general question about family history at some point in the application process. Don't worry about answering it honestly, as a family history of a particular disease isn't disqualifying.
R/

SemperFiDay

Someone may know an answer to this question...

I'm a reservists (enlisted) applying for NFO. I completed a flight physical before my package was submitted. Does this matter or will I complete another IF selected?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Someone may know an answer to this question...

I'm a reservists (enlisted) applying for NFO. I completed a flight physical before my package was submitted. Does this matter or will I complete another IF selected?
Not sure exactly what you're asking here. However, if you've completed one for your aplication you're good. And yes, there are plenty down the road if accepted.

TheYeti

Just to clarify I'm not applying, I'm in the program already heading to advanced soon if that changes your advice at all. Thanks jmc, appreciate the concern.